Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having issues starting their krx after parking on an incline?

Happened to me twice now, once in WV once in NC.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone having issues starting their krx after parking on an incline?

Happened to me twice now, once in WV once in NC.

Thanks!
It happened to me for the first time this weekend. I was showing about 1 bar on fuel gauge. I was also on slight incline but drove up way steeper after getting started. In my case it seemed more like a vapor lock, had to hold foot to floor while cranking and then it fired.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
712 Posts
Open the gas cap and let the pressure out of the tank. (If there is any) Mine has done this twice due to vapor lock.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
712 Posts
Bummer. There's no way around it?
Not sure. But the videos I’ve seen are all on the non-CA models. When I pulled the cover off on the fire wall between the seats, there was a lot more going on in there then just the 2 hoses.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your feedback. I will try the gas cap next time it happens rather than start trying and tear it apart chasing a ghost.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’ve had vapor lock and I’ve done the vent mod since new. Still can’t figure it out, had to hold it to the floor 3 times so far

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
712 Posts
I live in Nevada and unfortunately have a California model. However I still changed out to the tip over vent and no more tank pressure and gas gauge now works properly.
Yes, you can still change it out, but it can cause errors with fuel system codes should you have problems.

I’d like to find a gas cap that has a manual vent on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts