Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ruthless Motor Sports - Big Pine Sports on YouTube posted this video just over a week ago where they shared some information they received about the new Kawasaki side-by-side.

Here's the information they bring up in the video.
  • The model name will most likely be the KRF 1000 and not the KRX.
  • It will have a 999cc engine with 113 horsepower.
  • It will have a CVT belt drive system.
We already had a good idea about the engine and transmission but the model name is something new. I think I prefer KRX to KRF but that isn't really a big deal.

Here's the link to the full video -

·
Registered
108 Posts
I wonder if the KRF is for something else? like a different version of the Teryx? If not that's a bit of a surprise since everyone seems certain about the KRX name.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if the KRF is for something else? like a different version of the Teryx? If not that's a bit of a surprise since everyone seems certain about the KRX name.
That could be definitely be a possibility. I'm sure the KRX is going to have an influence on the Teryx in some way, whether it's design or performance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I may be wrong but it seems that all Kawasaki off-road performance machines have an x somewhere in the name. Kx, KLX, KXF, KDX, KFX for the four wheelers and KXT for the Tecate 3.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may be wrong but it seems that all Kawasaki off-road performance machines have an x somewhere in the name. Kx, KLX, KXF, KDX, KFX for the four wheelers and KXT for the Tecate 3.
No you're definitely right, Kawasaki does like putting a X in their model names. Which does make me think the new side by side will be the KRX when it's revealed.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Kawasaki is lacking a few sport SxS models so we might be seeing more aside from the KRX lineup.
Based on this post from @OSAP, that could be a possibility.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Based on this post from @OSAP, that could be a possibility.
They seem to have a lot up their sleeve along with the KRX. I'm curious to see the kinds of bikes that they're unveiling as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well we know a sportier Teryx trim is in the works as a Teryx KRX. I think sales of that should help determine if an even sportier Teryx should happen.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So the KRX in form of a twin 1000cc unit and the other a triple hot rod?
I'd like to see multiple engine options for the KRX, yeah. But it does seem that Kawasaki is at least unveiling two different side by sides in October.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I completely forgot about this, the "KRF1000" name comes from the Kawasaki documents from the California Air Resources Board for the new engine. So who knows if this is the actual name of the model or if this is some kind of code name.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts