Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just realized the dealership sold me Kawasaki Motorcycle oil for the oil change. I noticed the oil I got from Rocky Mountain says Kawaskai UTV/ATV oil. Is there a difference? If the motorcycle oil is run through it will it cause any damage?

·
Registered
2020 KRX
300 Posts
It should be fine with the wet clutch so my guess is that it will be ok. They most likely just add the ATV/UTV title to their labels. Heck, I run HDEO in mine with no problems to date. My current oil is two quarts of Kawi 10w40 and the remaining with Delo 1300 15w40.

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, RCOR weights, Shock Therapy, CageWRX cage, 31"x10.50-15LT General Grabber X3's
255 Posts
Just realized the dealership sold me Kawasaki Motorcycle oil for the oil change. I noticed the oil I got from Rocky Mountain says Kawaskai UTV/ATV oil. Is there a difference? If the motorcycle oil is run through it will it cause any damage?
Just make sure it has the JASO MA/MA2 certification. Should be on the bottle somewhere.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
300 Posts
If it's the red label 10w40 here is the specs from the back of the bottle;

Kawasaki Performance 4-Stroke Engine Oil provides outstanding engine and bearing wear protection
  • Prolonged engine life through improved engine cleanliness and reduced oil volatility Improved shift quality through enhanced transmission / clutch performance and dependability
  • Recommended in applications requiring API SL, JASO MA and JASO MA2 engine oil

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just make sure it has the JASO MA/MA2 certification. Should be on the bottle somewhere.
Whew, turns out the red bottle does have the JASO MA/MA2 certification.

If it's the red label 10w40 here is the specs from the back of the bottle;

Kawasaki Performance 4-Stroke Engine Oil provides outstanding engine and bearing wear protection
  • Prolonged engine life through improved engine cleanliness and reduced oil volatility Improved shift quality through enhanced transmission / clutch performance and dependability
  • Recommended in applications requiring API SL, JASO MA and JASO MA2 engine oil
Yep thats the one. So we are good to go!

Sincerely appreciate everyone chiming in, red bottle Kawi definitely OK but I am gonna stick with the green when I can. :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
it seems to me that any motorcycle oil should do...... if a Ninja can turn 14K + rpms and has a wet clutch it should be just fine in our engines....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts