Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I have posted on here but now I am back.
I am planning a trip to go riding in the Pagosa Springs Colorado area this summer and was wondering if anyone had any insights to what the trails are like there.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Registered
If you can get to Lake City just up the road a piece you can ride the Alpine Loop. It鈥檚 a fantastic ride and is a gorgeous loop ride. A must do if you鈥檙e in the area

Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
I had serious doubts anyone would get the reference!

... kinda like steppin' on a plum...
... took that top row of chickens off slicker than the scum off a Louisiana swamp ...

LOL I used to know all the CW McCall songs when I was growing up. I think I could still sing along nearly word for word with most of them, even today, some 45 years later.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

LMAO!!!!!!!!

You boys need to stay off the tilt-a-whirl!!
View attachment 3714
LMAO!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the input, we are excited to check out the trails around Pagoda. I will post some pictures when I get a chance.

And I am unfortunately old enough to get the reference to CW McCall as well

Registered
CW McCall still lives down in that area. He was the Mayor of Ouray. Lives right down the road from a buddy of mine now. The Alpine loop is an awesome ride but you won't be able to do it all as there is still way too much snow. The town of Silverton used to allow you to ride UTV in town but they banned them a couple of weeks ago. If you go to the other side of Wolf Creek Pass there is a town of Creede and you can do a lot of riding in and around that area and get to Lake City also.

Registered
Steve,

Take east fork up over Elwood Pass and then drive over to Platoro. Eat lunch at the Skyline Lodge, explore the area around the lake and the Conejos River valley. There鈥檚 a bunch of trails off the FSRs to get off beaten path but that route will put you through some beautiful country. It will become your go to summer CO camping, riding and fishing destination.

Also, this is my first post.. I actually just bought a KRX Saturday and pick it up Wednesday! Hit me up. I鈥檒l be up that way weekly. Am breaking ground on a backcountry cabin on a mining claim that way week after next.

Cheers

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Steve,

Take east fork up over Elwood Pass and then drive over to Platoro. Eat lunch at the Skyline Lodge, explore the area around the lake and the Conejos River valley. There鈥檚 a bunch of trails off the FSRs to get off beaten path but that route will put you through some beautiful country. It will become your go to summer CO camping, riding and fishing destination.

Also, this is my first post.. I actually just bought a KRX Saturday and pick it up Wednesday! Hit me up. I鈥檒l be up that way weekly. Am breaking ground on a backcountry cabin on a mining claim that way week after next.

Cheers
Thanks Feelgood, it's great to hear from someone from that part Colorado, And know the best places to ride.
Elwood Pass is on our list of the trails we are going to explore. We are heading there on Sunday and staying 5 nights.
I'm looking forward to finally getting a chance to put my KRX through it's paces.
Thanks again

Registered
You should download CO TREX. That app is awesome for Colorado it will have all the trails and you can use it as gps when you are off line. Just up load the map in town and your off on your way.

Premium Member
It's been a while since I have posted on here but now I am back.
I am planning a trip to go riding in the Pagosa Springs Colorado area this summer and was wondering if anyone had any insights to what the trails are like there.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
I've ridden a lot in Pagosa Springs in the last six years. They have a very active club there that provides maps. Unfortunately, many of the trails are 50 inch trails and they will not widen them, so be careful before you take off. One of the ride leaders there works at the Polaris dealer and I,m sure would be helpful in finding trails

1 - 17 of 17 Posts