Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm new to UTVs but in about 15,000 miles of ATVing I used my winch maybe twice to get myself out. I used it a LOT to get the other guy out! Just keep in mind that the more confident you are of getting yourself out the deeper you're likely to get stuck!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks for all the input. Springs are definitely on the list, just not sure about bandit vs st. $96 just to ship the st springs from Arizona to Ohio, Bandit is less expensive, shipping would be cheaper, and I like the fact they never have to be adjusted. They just never have any in stock it seems. I think 35s also. I should have enough left for a vfj tune, how ever would y’all wait till you had the exhaust first. Or just core out the stock one before tuning.
Don’t waste your money an exhaust.. it does nothing but look pretty. I’d go the ST route again. I’ve been pleased! You could always try just replacing the upper springs... they’ll run you about $250

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yea she’s a good woman. She don’t say anything about money as long as the bills are paid, the savings account and our retirement gets fed.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
707 Posts
Thanks, in 5 years of very conservative riding, I have so far avoided the need for a winch so this should provide me some insurance (fingers crossed)
That’s all I ever ride with. A come-a-long and tow straps will get you out 95% of the time. I also suggest (if you don’t have it) a rear trailer hitch or tow bar, and also a tow bar on the front, as well as some heavy duty D-rings.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This kind of applies to the topic. Does anyone else have a winch on the back of their KRX? When I was building mine I found a receiver hitch with a winch mount. I figure if I'm out alone (no moralizing please!) and I go off the road the front winch may only be able to pull me further off of the road. The rear winch was installed to pull me back onto the road instead of further away from it. Has anyone else done this or heard of anyone doing it?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Title says it all. Got a little extra cash saved and the wife said to treat myself to some stuff for krx. I already have a winch, roof, stereo, cooler, back windshield, and the kawi wide mud flares and the rcor clutch weights, roof light bar, and whips.

Things I have considered are 35s, a gps, spring kit, exhaust and tune, after market cage, new seats and harnesses. Guess what I am asking is for the fellas that have the stuff I’m looking at which would you go with first. Want it all eventually.
I just picked up my new cage on Monday love it !!! But the only thing is it will take every bit of ur $2,000.00 but it is well worth it. next for me is the winch. also what is good to have is buy a set of tools n a tool bag. I went to harbor freight with $ 300.00 n bought alot of tools, tow strap, ratchet straps. compressor n jack.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Don’t waste your money an exhaust.. it does nothing but look pretty. I’d go the ST route again. I’ve been pleased! You could always try just replacing the upper springs... they’ll run you about $250
Can u share the info on the upper springs only,then refresh on the eBay crossover noise damper washers.thanks in advance

·
Registered
389 Posts
Can u share the info on the upper springs only,then refresh on the eBay crossover noise damper washers.thanks in advance
There are two options for crossovers only.. these from all things utv

RCOR is also supposed to be selling some but I don’t see them on their site

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Who did your cage work? That’s something I would like to have also. I appreciate everyone’s input lot of food for thought it’s been helpful.

QUOTE="hulk, post: 12517, member: 730"]
I just picked up my new cage on Monday love it !!! But the only thing is it will take every bit of ur $2,000.00 but it is well worth it. next for me is the winch. also what is good to have is buy a set of tools n a tool bag. I went to harbor freight with $ 300.00 n bought alot of tools, tow strap, ratchet straps. compressor n jack.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Who did your cage work? That’s something I would like to have also. I appreciate everyone’s input lot of food for thought it’s been helpful.

QUOTE="hulk, post: 12517, member: 730"]
[/QUOTE]HAD IT BUILT BY BRICK CITY FAB. I WISH MY COMPUTER COULD HANDLE PICTURES BUT IT DOESNT. REALLY MADE WELL .

·
Registered
389 Posts
No thanks. Like my ride and height with the 35”. Have not adjusted the stock springs. Sets just were I want it.
Your ride height is wrong. The a arms are basically parallel with the ground. That means your suspension isn’t working like it should. You’re not taking advantage of what you’ve got with the Krx.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Just ordered my Bandit stage 3 springs.
They now have them in stock and you can also now get them from them that are powder coated green!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just wanna say thanks to everyone that chimed in, gave me a lot of good insight. I ended up with bandit springs, 35s, and a SATV frame stiffener. Still got plenty on the list, but she’s ready for the side by side trip starting tomorrow.
Good call on the frame stiffener. Gotta protect your investment. Can make it look cool and go fast after the essentials!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Depends on where your riding is gonna be mostly, but in all cases better safety gear should be on everyone's must do list. Harness, clothing, and helmets...
After that it's all a matter of how prepared you want to be, and how comfortable you want to be.
I live in FL, have a shitty work schedule, and know very few people who have the desire to do this, so my level of preparedness might be defferent that yours since I'm riding solo most of the time.
Protecting the rig is more important than hop up kits and other performance upgrades IMHO. Oh, and don't forget, you'll need a roof too...
For me it was 6pt harness, roof, helmet, goggles, rear bumper, then (past 2k $$$ now) ...front bumper, windshield, winch and recovery gear, rear window and 37" tires.
Springs and clutch performance items are on the list as is lighting upgrades.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
225 Posts
Wait... are 37”s the new 35”s ? 😁

Reactions: JPWarrior
21 - 40 of 46 Posts