Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are headed to Glamis for Halloween weekend and I want to pick up a SUTV to use for that weekend. I initially was looking at lower-priced, older cars but now I'm considering used cars in the $20k range just because I think they'll be easier to move if I want to sell.

It seems like many consider the KRX the best non-turbo 2-seat car. If I fell and love and ended up keeping it I would likely be doing more rock crawling than dunes. Would this be the best car for that? I was initially drawn to a Talon but I understand they're terrible for dunes but pretty good at rocky trails. I would probably get a 4 seat Talon if I went that direction.

What am I looking at for OTD price on a base KRX from a dealer (AZ)? How much is a fair price for a used 2020?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Might be best off renting all the machines first if you've never owned one. I would rank the Talon 2nd worst at rock crawling with the YXZ the worst. It's not geared low enough & I4WD is an issue. Stock suspension is rough unless going fast and the geometry sucks. They are a blast to drive shifting gears though. KRX has the best suspension, room and bolt on 35's. Power is not that bad with a tune and clutch weights. Used prices are pretty high with the Rona limiting new production.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might be best off renting all the machines first if you've never owned one. I would rank the Talon 2nd worst at rock crawling with the YXZ the worst. It's not geared low enough & I4WD is an issue. Stock suspension is rough unless going fast and the geometry sucks. They are a blast to drive shifting gears though. KRX has the best suspension, room and bolt on 35's. Power is not that bad with a tune and clutch weights. Used prices are pretty high with the Rona limiting new production.
The guy from Shock Therapy said the Talon was best for rock crawling, I know next to nothing about these. Funny enuff, he said the Talon followed by the YZX were worst for whoops, turns, etc. Watching all the YouTubes on all these I think I would honestly love any of them.

I think the KRX seems to be the best for what I want so far but now my wife says she definitely wants a 4-seater 😒.

·
Registered
2014 T2 SE, 2021 KRX 1000 TE
209 Posts
The KRX might leave you feeling a little disappointed in the dunes because of the power to weight ratio. But in the rocks it is a beast and doesn't tend to break near as easy. I would agree with Shock Therapy about the Talon being probably the best rock crawler, but also agree with them in the not so great suspension. I watch a Talon go up a rock wall that I am hesitant to even try. As far as the YXZ, the only one that I have been with in the rocks tended to stall the engine when trying to power climb and backing off the throttle abruptly. If I needed a four seater for rock crawling it would be a tossup between the Talon and the older Teryx4 S model. The determining factor would be what else I wanted to do with it. Like snuffnwhiskey said, it might be best to rent first or find someone to ride along with first.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,445 Posts
I have seen a couple of videos that show proof that the Talon is NOT a good choice for rock crawling. The i-4wd has many short comings in the rocks, and their suspension is horrible. There is no mechanical lock in the front differential which instantly puts it at the bottom of the list of real rock crawlers. It relies strictly on using braking on the wheel with the least amount of traction. That may work okay in an AWD car, but it's not worth a crap on an off road machine. The sub-trans is also not geared low enough for actual rock crawling.
Not sure Shock Therapy is where I would go for advise on a rock crawling machine. Desert racing yes, suspension yes, rock crawling, not so much.

·
Registered
2021 KRX
15 Posts

Is this for real?
It looks like they are setting up their site for 4 seater accessories.

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
336 Posts

Is this for real?
It looks like they are setting up their site for 4 seater accessories.

It's been like that since I have been looking at their website, about 9 months.

I think they just want to be ready?

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
991 Posts
It’s cool! Whoever did the graphic did a great job.

I have bought from them 7+ times. I have contacted them half the time. Always got results. Their web site literally says “we don’t run web sites we sell parts call us”. DO THAT OR EMAIL THEM. This last time I needed brake pads. Web site says sold out. Email and Jake immediately replied says fixed and I ordered online. Shipping is free. Prices cheaper than anywhere else. EPI brand brake pads.

Solid people that provide products for KRX people.

Reactions: Remote 8
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.