Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just starting to get the accessories in and started installing them . As I am removing bolts I am finding metric and SAE....WTF? Did they run out of whatever they are supposed to use and switched on mine or are all of you seeing this? Not that it’s a big deal but it was annoying trying to figure out what sizes I needed, in which I had tools everywhere. Lol.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
590 Posts
Just starting to get the accessories in and started installing them . As I am removing bolts I am finding metric and SAE....WTF? Did they run out of whatever they are supposed to use and switched on mine or are all of you seeing this? Not that it’s a big deal but it was annoying trying to figure out what sizes I needed, in which I had tools everywhere. Lol.
Man, I’ve had so many things taken apart in mine and never used anything that was SAE. What did you find that was?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ones I can remember off hand were the lower rear bumper bolts (Trail Edition), when adding a hitch receiver. The D-rings in the rear of the trunk to add a cargo enclosure. The outside lap belt bolt. This is probably 70-30 Metric but found it odd. And yes I do realize some are close where I could use either or but the ones I am speaking of were definitely a better fit SAE then metric. I will get to test this out in a couple weeks as my Brother in law is getting his Trail edition and has similar accessories to install.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Everything is metric. Several metric are close to SAE.. I.e, 12mm = 7/16, 13mm = 1/2" (very close to these)

·
Registered
25 Posts
NOT RIGHT.SAE IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT THREAD PITCH THAN METRIC.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NOT RIGHT.SAE IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT THREAD PITCH THAN METRIC.
That could explain the difficulty when removing said SAE bolts.

Everything is metric. Several metric are close to SAE.. I.e, 12mm = 7/16, 13mm = 1/2" (very close to these)
As I stated above, I do understand they are close.

Compared to another KRX my bolts were different in the areas said. Very weird, even had different markings on the top.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,120 Posts
Very weird, even had different markings on the top.
If it’s not to much of a pain, can you snap some pics of the bolts and their locations so we (I) can compare??
I’m curious to see if you got a “fluke” or it’s a product of the shortage of supply.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts