Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the game and new to driving a trailer. I just had the factory Warn winch installed. How do I tie the front end down now since it took up all the anchor points?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I’ve always tied to the control arms close to the knuckle and have never had a problem. Machine WILL NOT move. My dad has always tied to the center areas on the front/rear and has snapped numerous straps. I would like to do e track but I have too many trailers/haul too many different machines to have that setup.

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, Shock Therapy, CageWRX Sport cage, 33" System 3 RT320's
107 Posts
i use tire tie downs that go over the tires, and i've modified my trailer for the e-track tie down system
^^This is by far the best way.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i bought 4 of those "bonnets".... Ive found that the end with the clip is way too long for my trailer setup, so I'm having to shorten that end of it so that it's only 12" from where it attaches to the "halo" of the bonnet to the clip that attaches it to the trailer. i think they were sized for some bigger tires, maybe they'd fit 35's better..... even in their picture they don't show them in the fully installed state.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm new to the game and new to driving a trailer. I just had the factory Warn winch installed. How do I tie the front end down now since it took up all the anchor points?
Straps over the tires. If done on frame the rig can move around.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,237 Posts
Tire bonnets are the way to go. Mine are rated at 1000# each so yes, they are plenty big enough. ;) You can even just use a ratchet strap over the center of the tires.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got something very similar to this (if not this). Is just a tow hook that goes under winch. Actually installed it once i got the new KRX on my trailer at the dealership cause I didn’t want to hook to a-arms.. think they charged about $15 and the sales guy and I had it installed in a couple of minutes.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,237 Posts
I got something very similar to this (if not this). Is just a tow hook that goes under winch. Actually installed it once i got the new KRX on my trailer at the dealership cause I didn’t want to hook to a-arms.. think they charged about $15 and the sales guy and I had it installed in a couple of minutes.

Brute Performance has one that is super stout. Very impressed with them. They will not bend or break like the OEM style does occasionally. They cost a little more than the Amazon hooks, but they are a high quality piece.

https://bruteperformance.com/products/ols/products/krx-pull-point

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
May get flamed for saying so, but I don't tie mine down for short distance haul. When we go to colorado I sling a large yellow tie down up around the back and pull it to the front. I have high tube sides and a gate in the back, I dunno just can't see that thing jumping off the trailer and if the trailer rolls, I've got bigger fish to fry.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,237 Posts
May get flamed for saying so, but I don't tie mine down for short distance haul. When we go to colorado I sling a large yellow tie down up around the back and pull it to the front. I have high tube sides and a gate in the back, I dunno just can't see that thing jumping off the trailer and if the trailer rolls, I've got bigger fish to fry.
If the trailer rolls and the KRX comes off and hurts someone or damages something because it wasn't tied down, that is going to become the biggest fish you have ever fried. Yup, it's flame time. It is just plain stupid, (as well as illegal) to not secure your load. That's just being lazy, and there is no excuse for it. If you don't care about your KRX, I don't care about it. However, I do care about myself and others safety, so things like not securing your load just pisses me off! Flame on...

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
If the trailer rolls and the KRX comes off and hurts someone or damages something because it wasn't tied down, that is going to become the biggest fish you have ever fried. Yup, it's flame time. It is just plain stupid, (as well as illegal) to not secure your load. That's just being lazy, and there is no excuse for it. If you don't care about your KRX, I don't care about it. However, I do care about myself and others safety, so things like not securing your load just pisses me off! Flame on...
You're probably right, I'll throw a tie down on for short rides too.

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, Shock Therapy, CageWRX Sport cage, 33" System 3 RT320's
107 Posts
Exactly what Bob said. It's not your machine or trailer, it's the family of 5 in the minivan in the oncoming lane that your machine smashes into.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts