Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would say that every circumstance is different as no one drives the same if you are aggressive and hard on the gas and cornering probably not going to last very long.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have 450ish miles on mine and they have 65-70% tread left out here in AZ. I'm going to be replacing them next week and just sell the tires. Most sets I have seen around here sell for $350-400 with 5-600 miles on them so if you like the stock tires you could just keep buying takeoffs cheap depending on where you live.

·
Registered
87 Posts
@dddonkey

Where do people sell their SxS stuff around here? On-line I'd presume FB marketplace, but anywhere else? Any actual "stores"? We just moved here to southern Az last summer so we're still figuring out where things are but I thought there might be some good used gear store around Tucson or ??? We moved from the Seattle area and had a couple really good used bike/ATV type stores so I'm kind of wondering if anything like that exists here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
@dddonkey

Where do people sell their SxS stuff around here? On-line I'd presume FB marketplace, but anywhere else? Any actual "stores"? We just moved here to southern Az last summer so we're still figuring out where things are but I thought there might be some good used gear store around Tucson or ??? We moved from the Seattle area and had a couple really good used bike/ATV type stores so I'm kind of wondering if anything like that exists here.
Which stores are you referring to? I'm still up in Seattle, so I'm curious...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have gotten stuff on Craigslist and offerup as well as Marketplace, if is hit or miss with the KRX as there is still not a lot of them in the wild.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The two main ones I was referring to are the old Cycle Barns. The original was on Hwy 99 in Lynnwood where the Audi dealer is now, then they moved about 1/2 mile south (where the Harley dealer is now) and I believe these days they are up in Arlington. The other one I don't know much about is just a bit north of the Aurora bridge.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,237 Posts
I got close to 250 miles out of my Carnivores. Now they are sitting in my basement (still on the OEM wheels) while I try and decide what to do with them...:ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2000 white KRX
591 Posts
I currently have 988 miles on mine. I’m mostly trails HMT in WV. 25% pavement in those miles as well, to get to trailheads a lot asphalt comes into play.

I haven’t rotated them as I think you would get more life like anything else. Notice heavy wear on rear 65% left. Fronts probably 80%left.

I am currently looking
Want something 32” or up
All terrain with best mileage for me, as I continue to actively search what’s best.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I currently have 988 miles on mine. I’m mostly trails HMT in WV. 25% pavement in those miles as well, to get to trailheads a lot asphalt comes into play.

I haven’t rotated them as I think you would get more life like anything else. Notice heavy wear on rear 65% left. Fronts probably 80%left.

I am currently looking
Want something 32” or up
All terrain with best mileage for me, as I continue to actively search what’s best.
I also do a lot of hmt riding and the carnivore just isn't holding up. The tread wear is good but I had one the got a 3 inch sidewall slice in it and another that took about 8 plugs. I was looking at the tusk terabyte tire for replacement.

·
Premium Member
2000 white KRX
591 Posts
View attachment 3484
I also do a lot of hmt riding and the carnivore just isn't holding up. The tread wear is good but I had one the got a 3 inch sidewall slice in it and another that took about 8 plugs. I was looking at the tusk terabyte tire for replacement.
Good pix. Thanks for sharing
Im looking at superatv xt warriors 35”
& 32” rock zillas.

thinking more to the 35”s from superatv
Seeking best for HMT for me.
just thinking

·
Registered
894 Posts
The superatv warriors have a weird pyramid shape tread lug, it's tall too at 1". May make for a good slow rock crawling tire, but at speed on trails or on asphalt gave a very vague mushy wishy-washy ride and wandering steering feedback. just my first hand experience, and they aren't cheap by any means. Sold mine for a $200 loss off of new.

·
Premium Member
2000 white KRX
591 Posts
The superatv warriors have a weird pyramid shape tread lug, it's tall too at 1". May make for a good slow rock crawling tire, but at speed on trails or on asphalt gave a very vague mushy wishy-washy ride and wandering steering feedback. just my first hand experience, and they aren't cheap by any means. Sold mine for a $200 loss off of new.
Deal

rockzillas
You think gonna be great on trails like Hatfield McCoy?
Also some asphalt (20%) time due to getting on and off trailheads.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I've yet to EVER hear one bad thing about Roxxzillas, except for the sticky competition compound wearing quickly (35's only come in sticky) 32" roxxzillas in standard compound are what I'm waiting for, have new rims to put them on, then pulling my Carnivores off to sell, and mount SS360 paddle tires to the stock rims.........my master plan.
hd9-machine-blue-550.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
I hear the rockzillas don't come close to claimed height. But other than that I don't hear anything bad about them

·
Premium Member
2000 white KRX
591 Posts
I've yet to EVER hear one bad thing about Roxxzillas, except for the sticky competition compound wearing quickly (35's only come in sticky) 32" roxxzillas in standard compound are what I'm waiting for, have new rims to put them on, then pulling my Carnivores off to sell, and mount SS360 paddle tires to the stock rims.........my master plan. View attachment 3485
Sweet rim
Will match nicely!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts