Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is the belt on the Kawi made ?
Is it made with a whole bunch of strings ?
If the belt breaks I don't want all the strings wrapping around the shafts and taking out the seals .
I run a Gates belt on my Poo because when the belt breaks it grenades into tiny pieces and won't take out the shaft seals .
Probably gonna go the same way on the KRX unless I hear otherwise.

·
Banned
487 Posts
The belt system on this is a different animal than the popo. The belt is under constant tension with the wet clutch. I haven’t heard of a single belt coming apart.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I searched KRX belt failure and could not find any results. Only changing and inspection. Waiting for the first failure...

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
317 Posts
I've seen these machines with over 2000 miles with the original belt. Friend of mine had 2600 miles when he changed his. The belt was still within specs on measurements. He did change it anyway but the old belt is now a spare. These machines do not wear the belts.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've seen these machines with over 2000 miles with the original belt. Friend of mine had 2600 miles when he changed his. The belt was still within specs on measurements. He did change it anyway but the old belt is now a spare. These machines do not wear the belts.
Many reports of grooved sheaves on the early clutches.
How did his sheaves look?

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
317 Posts
Many reports of grooved sheaves on the early clutches.
How did his sheaves look?
He did change the clutch weight due to wear from right coast due to feeling it shift. Shouldn't feel the machine change gears. They did have some good wear on the weights but not the sheaves. Polished then up with a scotch pad and cleaned it up really good. Definitely change out the weights. Right coast will build you a set according to your elevation and added weight of your machine.

·
Registered
2020 white KRX 1000
131 Posts
That’s what I did

·
Registered
37 Posts
Why do people keep the old belts for spares vs carrying a new belt?? If/when one breaks why put a used belt on just to get home and replace it again???

I have seen people carry enough tools and spare parts including new axles to send a rocket to Mars but have an old used belt...what am I missing?

·
Banned
487 Posts
Why do people keep the old belts for spares vs carrying a new belt?? If/when one breaks why put a used belt on just to get home and replace it again???

I have seen people carry enough tools and spare parts including new axles to send a rocket to Mars but have an old used belt...what am I missing?
You’re suppose to break a belt in before flogging on it. If you use a used belt then it’s already broke in.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000, 2016 Wildcat Sport, 2018 Ram 3500 and 2016 XLR305V12 toy hauler
31 Posts

My thought process is, carrying a new belt around it stands the chance of getting damaged or something sitting in the tool box forgotten about. If I break a belt on a trip and put a used one back on to get off trail/home I still plan on changing and properly cleaning everything when I get home.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts