Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, brand new around here. I’ve got a new eS that is supposed to show up in the next few days. Ahead of getting it, had a question. My last ride was a Honda pioneer 1000 and it had vent lines all over it that would let water get in places it shouldn’t go. I ended up totaling the machine at Crossbar ranch by going through a mud hole and sucking water I’m through the intake. So, before I lose another huge amount of money: how deep can these things go without causing damage? Are there any vent lines you guys re-route to get them higher?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,467 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, Shock Therapy, CageWRX Sport cage, 33" System 3 RT320's
187 Posts
If you guys are worried about it look at the snorkel kit from Super ATV. It has a couple of check valves that install into a couple lines in addition to the 3 snorkel stacks. Look in the installation guide.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,382 Posts
I’ve gone through some deep stuff, I had mud up to the top of the doors. Did it once to see its capabilities. End result couldn’t get it stuck and 6 hours worth of cleaning later. Never again. Lol.

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, Shock Therapy, CageWRX Sport cage, 33" System 3 RT320's
187 Posts
I got into a mudhole halfway up the doors, climbed out of it after locking the front end. The result was water in my CVT, which made my belt temp go up as a result of some slipping. Stopped, opened the drain on the CVT cover, saw some moisture in there but nothing pouring out. Took it easy for a few miles until things dried out and then it was fine.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Engine air intake and belt air intake are of course on top of the rear fenders, left and right. Belt exhaust is on the passenger side and dumps just above the cylinder head...look for the large black plastic pipe. Front diff vent is at the top of the front shock mounts, rear diff vent I believe is under the plastic cover in the bed. Fuel vent hose goes into the roll cage on the drivers side near the back of the airbox. Pretty much the lowest point is the belt exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey guys, brand new around here. I’ve got a new eS that is supposed to show up in the next few days. Ahead of getting it, had a question. My last ride was a Honda pioneer 1000 and it had vent lines all over it that would let water get in places it shouldn’t go. I ended up totaling the machine at Crossbar ranch by going through a mud hole and sucking water I’m through the intake. So, before I lose another huge amount of money: how deep can these things go without causing damage? Are there any vent lines you guys re-route to get them higher?
[/QUOTE
I’d think about getting a boat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts