Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KRX
73 Posts
Here is a video where he has 1000 miles on the belt and it looked great. I would have kept running the original one personally. Even the amount of wear was minimal vs a brand new belt.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have alittle over 1,800 miles on mine. I checked it n blew out all the dust in belt housing and let me tell you it was very very dusty in there lol but i did check the belt at 1,650 miles and all is good so far and put it back on. I do carry a spare belt just incase but my original belt still looks good. I also have a 2018 polaris RS1 n have over 5,000 miles on the original belt, and its belt still looks good as well. Every 1000 miles I will clean and blow out belt housing and pulleys like I do to my RS1.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We rented a second KRX on our trip to Moab. My daughter was driving the rental and every time she started from a dead stop, the tires chirped. We took it back to the shop and they pulled the belt. When I looked at it, the belt looked almost new. The installer said once they stretch a little bit, they have to be changed. Not much of a tolerance on them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Belts dont stretch they wear but not enough to see with the naked eye. Visual inspections are somewhat pointless since they can look prestine up until the second they decide to let go. Its not like checking a set of worn out tires.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How about belt temps? What have you all been seeing? I hit 4 bars the other day. 95+ temps. High desert terrain. Dirt roads. Some sand here and there and some hills.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe a better question. Anyone break a belt yet? Cool Kawi included a belt temp gauge but its pretty dumbed down. No idea what the belt temps are. Anyone running a real temp gauge?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think the belt temp gauge that comes on it is genius. I have only had it up to 3 bars but I don't really care to know exact temp since it doesn't really matter. The bar system is dummy proof.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I LIVE HERE IN AZ AND THE MOST BARS I EVER HAD WAS 2 AND THATS IN HIGH TEMPS LIKE 110 +
I hit 5 bars yesterday. Pretty straight smooth road so I was floored for about 7 minutes. Once I saw it I backed off. Belt is new. Was seeing 3 most of the day.

·
Registered
KRX 1000
47 Posts
I hit full bars on Belt temp and it was flashing at the end of a 300 km in 2 days of riding.... any ideas, machine only has about 600 km on it, and first service was done. I plan on removing the clutch cover today to further inspect.

Thanks for any help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts