Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was 75 degrees today. I noticed the floor got pretty hot along with the shift box with my knee against it. If it's that hot at 75, what's it going to be like at 90 plus. I was thinking of getting some of that insulating stuff that insulates and soundproofs. I know it might not look good, but I was thinking of putting it on the inside. It would be a lot easier and would stay on longer inside vs outside. What are your guy's ideas or thoughts on this? Of course, the ultimate cure would be a radiator relocation, but I got a 4.5-year warranty and don't want to do anything to mess that up.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,263 Posts
The center console already has heat shields/insulation on the inside. There are several Utube videos of guys installing more insulation to no avail.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000
37 Posts
I found that with the front windshield only, the interior had zero air movement and I had to shed my rain gear and wear shorts and a t-shirt at 50 degrees. It was like a heater at full blast coming up through the shifter gate. I bought the exhaust wrap to insulate the coolant lines but have been working on repairing my machine in general so I have not gotten to that yet.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,389 Posts
I rode in 108 degrees with a half windshield and cooked inside. Had to remove it for the added air flow. I also would open up the doors occasionally to let some of the heat out. Seemed to help. Would not recommend shorts, the plastic gets so hot it will literally singe your leg. Same with flip flops or any summer wear. The heat makes it intolerable on your skin.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I rode in 108 degrees with a half windshield and cooked inside. Had to remove it for the added air flow. I also would open up the doors occasionally to let some of the heat out. Seemed to help. Would not recommend shorts, the plastic gets so hot it will literally singe your leg. Same with flip flops or any summer wear. The heat makes it intolerable on your skin.
The intense cab heat along with the screaming loud engine-clutch whine is why I sold my 2021 KRX. I got tired of having to yell at the person sitting next to me to be herd. And there is just no way to escape the cab heat! Although it did run, ride, drive & handle GREAT on all of the trails! Engine turning 5000rpms going 15mph in "H"....WTF!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,389 Posts
The intense cab heat along with the screaming loud engine-clutch whine is why I sold my 2021 KRX. I got tired of having to yell at the person sitting next to me to be herd. And there is just no way to escape the cab heat! Although it did run, ride, drive & handle GREAT on all of the trails! Engine turning 5000rpms going 15mph in "H"....WTF!
Radiator relocation kits fix the problem. Kit is expensive though. There’s also a few member trying sound deadening and insulation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts