Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a short ( 35 miles ) ride today to test out the USA windshield and the Dynojet tune.
Holy hell is it hot and dusty with that windshield on even with the vents open. It's just got nice weather here in central Utah but man the heat coming up through the shift gate was hot and I'm guessing the dust is coming up from back and under the seats?
Only got about 120 miles on it so far but the windshield is definitely coming off till winter. Will see how that helps the dust and heat tomorrow?

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,120 Posts
It’s the windshield that causes the dust vortex in the cab. My windshield is off for the summer here in AZ.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am going to go to war with issue very soon.
Pretty sure most of the dust comes in from under the seats .
I have the same Superatv flip up on my rzr and have about 5% of the dust that ends up in the krx.
Horrible floor pan design.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s the windshield that causes the dust vortex in the cab. My windshield is off for the summer here in AZ.
Ya had the same thing on my 16 Trex I was hoping the vents in this windshield would help out? I have a cab deal kit but my dealer wanted to use it to see if they could re design it for a better fit. On a side note the flash did seem to do good.

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
62 Posts
I have front, rear windshield with the roof and get tons of dust in the cab. Even with the seal kit. I made a way for my roof to be a little open above the cage to allow air in for a little positive pressure. That helps some, but now that it is warmer out, I took off my front windshield.

I think most of the dust comes in off the front tires, sucks in through the side windows.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
590 Posts
I am going to go to war with issue very soon.
Pretty sure most of the dust comes in from under the seats .
I have the same Superatv flip up on my rzr and have about 5% of the dust that ends up in the krx.
Horrible floor pan design.
I bought some rolls of rubber off amazon and made my own seal kit of sorts. I covered everything under the seats and back to almost the rear wall. I’m going on a dusty ride tomorrow. We shall see.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,120 Posts
I honestly don’t think the dust is coming from under the seat area. With the shape of this hippy girl + the windshield, it creates a vacuum draw into the cab. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
194 Posts
Who rides with a windshield when its warm out anyways?
I have a half windshield it was horrible,I bought the dust sealer kit and it helped some .when u pull the seats,u realize there is a lot of big ass holes in the cab of this thing.I got some duct tape and that expandable foam from the hardware store.Plug the holes and spray paint the foam black.thus far im good to about 50 mph before the dust starts back in.it amaze s me how shitty ur s are regarding dust.Mind u I have a Honda pioneer that I have spent countless hours on stopping the dust the is created thru the vacuum effect of a roof and any type of windshield

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a half windshield it was horrible,I bought the dust sealer kit and it helped some .when u pull the seats,u realize there is a lot of big ass holes in the cab of this thing.I got some duct tape and that expandable foam from the hardware store.Plug the holes and spray paint the foam black.thus far im good to about 50 mph before the dust starts back in.it amaze s me how shitty ur s are regarding dust.Mind u I have a Honda pioneer that I have spent countless hours on stopping the dust the is created thru the vacuum effect of a roof and any type of windshield

·
Registered
43 Posts
I do have a problem with dust if I'm behind a friend's UTV. My solutions are those:
1. mask to keep dust out of my mouth/nose

2. flip up helmet so I can eat and drink while driving

3. microfiber cloth to wipe the dust off the helmet's shield

·
Registered
194 Posts
I do have a problem with dust if I'm behind a friend's UTV. My solutions are those:
View attachment 3140
View attachment 3141
View attachment 3142
View attachment 3140
View attachment 3141
View attachment 3142
[/QUOTEnot behind anyone,Balls to the wall until the cab is overcome by billows of dust.]

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[QUOTE="GWH, post: 15774, member: .it amaze s me how shitty ur s are regarding dust.Mind u I have a Honda pioneer that I have spent countless hours on stopping the dust the is created thru the vacuum effect of a roof and any type of windshield
[/QUOTE]

I had a 2016 Trex that never got dust until you put a 1/4 windshield on it then it was shitty dusty. Oh well tried the windshield now it's off till winter comes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts