Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody with the Kawi UHMW A Arm guards cut any drain holes in them? I used to have Aluminum guards on my wolverine and it had drain holes for the sloppy mud. I’m considering drilling some before I install these on the krx but if anyone has a reason not to, I’d like to know.
Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have them and don't haven't noticed anything or mud hanging in them... just psi wash it down after a ride and they clean out fine..

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
701 Posts
If you spend a lot of time in the mud that might not be a bad idea. Other than that, I wouldn't. They are not very stout the way they are, and cutting holes in them would weaken them even more. I'm planning on upgrading mine if I can find a suitable replacement. For now, they are better than nothing.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
557 Posts
If you spend a lot of time in the mud that might not be a bad idea. Other than that, I wouldn't. They are not very stout the way they are, and cutting holes in them would weaken them even more. I'm planning on upgrading mine if I can find a suitable replacement. For now, they are better than nothing.
I’ll buy your used ones when you’re ready! 👍🏽

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
701 Posts
I’ll buy your used ones when you’re ready! 👍🏽
Oh, first you want my OEM tires and wheels, and now you want my a-arm guards??? :ROFLMAO: What next? LOL
My issue with these is that they are just HMW and not UHMW. Big difference. These provide scratch protection and not a whole lot more. UHMW will actually add strength and bending protection. With most of my riding being in rocks, I do use them on occasion...

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
557 Posts
Oh, first you want my OEM tires and wheels, and now you want my a-arm guards??? :ROFLMAO: What next? LOL
My issue with these is that they are just HMW and not UHMW. Big difference. These provide scratch protection and not a whole lot more. UHMW will actually add strength and bending protection. With most of my riding being in rocks, I do use them on occasion...
Why yes Bob haha I’m still waiting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts