Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The older I get, the more time I spend reading up on things & places.
HMT Rules & Regs. includes a gem for UTV's.

Hatfield-McCoy Trail Rules and Regulations set forth by the West Virginia State Legislature.
HB 4488, 20-14-8.
UTV-Specific Rules
The driver and passengers of a UTV must:
5. Possess a valid owner’s manual for the machine being operated that is able to be produced upon request.

We broke one of their laws the first trip.
Ziploc bagged in glove box for now.

Tried downloading the KRX Owners Manual from their site but it only opens, can't figure how to download.
Sure would appreciate instructions so as to keep the file on phone.

thankx, dg

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,761 Posts
The older I get, the more time I spend reading up on things & places.
HMT Rules & Regs. includes a gem for UTV's.

Hatfield-McCoy Trail Rules and Regulations set forth by the West Virginia State Legislature.
HB 4488, 20-14-8.
UTV-Specific Rules
The driver and passengers of a UTV must:
5. Possess a valid owner’s manual for the machine being operated that is able to be produced upon request.

We broke one of their laws the first trip.
Ziploc bagged in glove box for now.

Tried downloading the KRX Owners Manual from their site but it only opens, can't figure how to download.
Sure would appreciate instructions so as to keep the file on phone.

thankx, dg
Hello and welcome, Search. There are PDFs posted to the forum.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
659 Posts
I never knew that was a rule there. I’ve ridden HMT trails a bunch and the only thing a ranger ever asked to see was the trail permit on our helmets.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I think that's just to keep out dune buggies and other homemade vehicles. It probably helps with people arguing about helmets also. It's always been a rule there but I've heard of anyone being asked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.