Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Does this affect the power needed for steep rock climbs in low?

Dynojet has a nice looking clutch kit out, FWIW.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Clutch mods are not available yet from John.
I see that DynoJet has a clutch kit available. It shouldn’t be long before there’s several on the market. I’m thinking I’ll wait a while and see how they work out for the KRXs over a few months. Hell these things really are fast enough for most people now. Good thread here, I’ve learned some new things!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does this affect the power needed for steep rock climbs in low?

Dynojet has a nice looking clutch kit out, FWIW.
I don’t think the spring removal kills power per se, it more so effects how the power comes on. The machine feels more linear and a lot less tapping of the gas and the motor just going straight to winding itself out. I have no data to back that up but more just a seat of the pants kinda feel.

I’m starting to think the lack of speed and power that most krx owners talk of stems from clutching, I feel like the machine “runs out of gear”. Hp numbers are right up there with other 1000cc n/a machines. It’s not like the motor doesn’t have the rpms in it, I’m hoping these clutch makers can effectively give it higher gear ratio then stock, we might be able to pick the the speed that the machine lacks compared to others. I could be wrong but it definitely seems like the motor runs like a sport bike, wide open and up there in the rpm range. this mod made the machine way more enjoyable for those long cruises though

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don’t think the spring removal kills power per se, it more so effects how the power comes on. The machine feels more linear and a lot less tapping of the gas and the motor just going straight to winding itself out. I have no data to back that up but more just a seat of the pants kinda feel.

I’m starting to think the lack of speed and power that most krx owners talk of stems from clutching, I feel like the machine “runs out of gear”. Hp numbers are right up there with other 1000cc n/a machines. It’s not like the motor doesn’t have the rpms in it, I’m hoping these clutch makers can effectively give it higher gear ratio then stock, we might be able to pick the the speed that the machine lacks compared to others. I could be wrong but it definitely seems like the motor runs like a sport bike, wide open and up there in the rpm range. this mod made the machine way more enjoyable for those long cruises though
Isnt that speed or power a result of the weights in the clutch? Those DynoJet kits have a cool weight system that is adjustable.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Who on a 33” or larger tire has done this mod? I can see it working well with the little stock tires but am wondering more about a larger tire and whether its better to leave it stock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone with a tune and full exhaust try this? I may give it a go, I have a full graves system and tune definitely would like to be cruising around 40-50 and not be on redline.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts