Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

201 - 213 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Nope.. that’s been a while. Primary and secondary. And I’m not pulling it all just to get the numbers. Best I can do for ya.. View attachment 3717
Yea I don’t expect you to tear it apart to look now!! I wish we knew the spec on the Kawasaki oem springs. They give a wear limit in the service manual. There are aftermarket springs that can be ordered, but without the numbers, it’s useless. What did you notice that looked different from the factory springs you took out?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yea I don’t expect you to tear it apart to look now!! I wish we knew the spec on the Kawasaki oem springs. They give a wear limit in the service manual. There are aftermarket springs that can be ordered, but without the numbers, it’s useless. What did you notice that looked different from the factory springs you took out?
So, the weights themselves are lighter than stock which means the primary spring should be a little lighter also. @snuffnwhiskey and I had this convo. I don’t believe there are any aftermarket options out there right now. VFJ also said the only options were dalton and stock. So there ya have it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
so i took the spring out today..... love it so far. rpms are much much lower and the motor doesn't seem like its screaming like a street bike. Unfortunately I didn't keep track of the exact nuts and bolt sizes but it was only a few common size metric bolts and socket extensions to do the whole job. Remove the clutch cover, unbolt the primary cage (2 nuts and 2 bolts) and then undo the 8 allen head bolts holding the clutch cover onto the primary. The spring is just sitting right behind the cover, slide the spring out and put it all back together. Allen bolts back in, install the primary clutch cage, and put the entire clutch cover back on. Took an air gun and leaf blower to blow out the entire clutch housing while it was open. The short ride I took tonight seemed amazing, you can hold a convo doing 40 mph and low gear is much more usable then before. I used low gear maybe 2 times since I owned it, pretty much on hill climbs because it was screaming doing normal trail riding in low gear like I've done in most other machines. Don't feel any power loss really and engine braking seems pretty much the same. So far I definitely recommend this mod, plus its free so why not give it a shot! It feels like a totally new machine
I know this post is kind of old but how long have you run with your spring out and if you had any issues with it prematurely wearing your belt out

·
Registered
139 Posts
Do u feel u loose any power on take off etc. overall?
Bout to get RCOR clutch kit this week, be good time to take out, also be good time to see the difference
Not sure I can handle that many changes at once...lol
That is a lot of changes,put some weights is to overcome the spring,then go from there.or leave the spring out from the get go.if it’s short shifting too much, put the spring in.this is exactly what I want to know! Keep us posted,and thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
I know this post is kind of old but how long have you run with your spring out and if you had any issues with it prematurely wearing your belt out
With out the spring,it actually has more clamping force against the belt.it puts more strain on the wet clutch.

·
Registered
139 Posts
400 miles ,best thing ever.however I have a set of true 35” tires.not sure what to do w them.they will difinatly gear it much higher.without the spring ,after 10 mph there will be a big load on the wet clutch.so when and if they go on,so will the spring.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I’d say that hill was 15-18” percent grade going down and I could still feel it slowing the machine down fairly easily. For sure not as much as with the spring in but still pretty well
Hi are you still running without your primary clutch spring? I am thinking about removing mine and would like your feedback. Any concerns with doing this for average trail riding on stock tires. That 30MPG engine scream does get a little old.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
559 Posts
Hi are you still running without your primary clutch spring? I am thinking about removing mine and would like your feedback. Any concerns with doing this for average trail riding on stock tires. That 30MPG engine scream does get a little old.
I am. I just got back from a three day trail ride in VA. I never thought about it once during the trip. The machine performed excellent and is much quieter. I only have just over 400 miles on mine total but probably 250 are without the spring. I’m still on stock tires as well.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
559 Posts
Thanks Dan - I am sitting at 400 miles today. Just rotated my tires. Spring is coming out!
It’s pretty easy too. The hardest part is maneuvering the cvt cover out of it’s location behind the giant rear spring. Lol. It takes a few tries.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am. I just got back from a three day trail ride in VA. I never thought about it once during the trip. The machine performed excellent and is much quieter. I only have just over 400 miles on mine total but probably 250 are without the spring. I’m still on stock tires as well.
If you dont mind me asking. Where did you ride in VA. I just moved from there to MI (land of straight flat roads). IDK of any UTV trails in VA. Or did you ride the BDR since your street legal?

201 - 213 of 213 Posts