Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

181 - 200 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
I'm going to the dunes, and will be putting my spring back in to gear it lower. A friend did Moab and for hard core huge rocks, he put his back in too.

·
Premium Member
2000 white KRX
579 Posts
After 200 miles in Virginia with a ton of steep terrain, I can’t see a scenario where I put my primary soring back in. Such a better and quieter ride without it. Also, the PV3 tune is seat of your pants fantastic
Good to hear

·
Premium Member
2000 white KRX
579 Posts
Mike, it’s unreal how much better it is.
Do u feel u loose any power on take off etc. overall?
Bout to get RCOR clutch kit this week, be good time to take out, also be good time to see the difference
Not sure I can handle that many changes at once...lol

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
559 Posts
I notice almost no difference. In Low the engine braking is still fantastic. In High I tapped the brakes a few times

·
Registered
476 Posts
Do u feel u loose any power on take off etc. overall?
Bout to get RCOR clutch kit this week, be good time to take out, also be good time to see the difference
Not sure I can handle that many changes at once...lol
The dalton kit will perform better

·
Registered
220 Posts
After 200 miles in Virginia with a ton of steep terrain, I can’t see a scenario where I put my primary soring back in. Such a better and quieter ride without it. Also, the PV3 tune is seat of your pants fantastic
I liked mine without the spring on stock tires. With the 33's I like having installed.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,025 Posts
The dalton kit will perform better
I don’t know if it would. From the research I’ve done, the Dalton kit comes with an even stiffer primary spring then factory. A stiffer spring pushes it into lower gear quicker, thereby causing higher rpm’s at lower speeds. Which, don’t get me wrong, would be good for trail riding and rock crawling. Not so much for higher speed cruising.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
559 Posts
I liked mine without the spring on stock tires. With the 33's I like having installed.
I also can’t foresee me getting bigger tires. The terrain I went on this weekend on the stockers gave me a big respect for them. We did two of the longest, rockiest, steepest climbs I’ve ever done. I’m talking like 1000 feet up in twisty steep rocky stuff. No issue

·
Registered
476 Posts
I don’t know if it would. From the research I’ve done, the Dalton kit comes with an even stiffer primary spring then factory. A stiffer spring pushes it into lower gear quicker, thereby causing higher rpm’s at lower speeds. Which, don’t get me wrong, would be good for trail riding and rock crawling. Not so much for higher speed cruising.
I said it will perform better.. not that it would be quieter. There’s not a great deal of difference between the sound of either kit. But there is a noticeable difference in performance. I’m running 35’s with the dalton and VFJS2 tune and the other machine on RCOR is on 32’s and the VFJS2 tune.. 35’s and the dalton kit was noticeably more peppy. The advantage to the RCOR kit is its slightly easier to install because you don’t have to change springs. BUT if you’re looking for the better kit in a performance aspect. Dalton has the advantage because the springs are also changed.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,025 Posts
I said it will perform better.. not that it would be quieter. There’s not a great deal of difference between the sound of either kit. But there is a noticeable difference in performance. I’m running 35’s with the dalton and VFJS2 tune and the other machine on RCOR is on 32’s and the VFJS2 tune.. 35’s and the dalton kit was noticeably more peppy. The advantage to the RCOR kit is its slightly easier to install because you don’t have to change springs. BUT if you’re looking for the better kit in a performance aspect. Dalton has the advantage because the springs are also changed.
What performance gains have you experienced with the spring change?

181 - 200 of 213 Posts