Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2014 T2 SE, 2021 KRX 1000 TE
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back Story; Went to Hidden Falls two weeks ago, went up Widcat Stairway, went up a creek bed that dead ended in a shear wall. Had to back up a steep slope to get out and almost didn't make it. Enough is enough, time to hack! Went into Powercore software and added two new tunes by modifying the original included tune. The first mod was to amend the reverse map in low and high power mode to match the low gear maps(slightly less power than high gear). Then went into the reverse limiter and set all values to 100. Saved as the original file number +HPR (keeps the original intact). The second mod was to take the newly created tune, go into the timing map and change all the 25 in the right and lower area of the map to 21. This allows the use of lower octane fuel while keeping the crisper throttle settings, richer fuel mix, and the high power reverse. Saved this file as the original number +LO(low octane). Since I am running 93 octane I have only briefly tested the HPR file. All I can say is wow!
Now the disclaimer.
Do this at your own risk as tuning can be risky. If at any time you feel you have made a mistake during the amend process, either right click and restore original or close the program and Do Not Save Changes.

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
116 Posts
That is awesome, good work. Thanks for sharing.

Or, just make a copy of the original, then make the mods to the copy?

Do you know if we can share these custom tunes?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can make a copy and then mod it, but you will have to rename it or it will overwrite the original. As far as I know you can share the files if you use the software to unlock them. I have a copy that I believe I managed to unlocked. If you want to try that, send a IM with your e-mail and I will send you a copies to see if they will work. I have a non-Cal model just so you know, but I do have the Cal tune just not modified.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Uturn, you ever have issues logging in to to powercore when you try to open a tune? It will ask for user and pass but won't let me in and I know my entry is correct.
Having the same issue trying to sign in to Dynojet too.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,246 Posts
Uturn, you ever have issues logging in to to powercore when you try to open a tune? It will ask for user and pass but won't let me in and I know my entry is correct.
Having the same issue trying to sign in to Dynojet too.
Call DynoJet with the issue. They’ll walk you through it. Also, if you’re on FB, they have a group dedicated to the PV3.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Strange deal that just started. I even re-installed and no change. Can't sign in to dynojet either.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The password for the tunes is not your login. I actually found the password on a Honda forum. Try dynojet2018

·
Registered
211 Posts
The password for the tunes is not your login. I actually found the password on a Honda forum. Try dynojet2018
Agree. But when you go to the cloud to open a tune, it wants your djt sign in info. I just called them and even had the guy try to log me in and he couldn't either.

·
Registered
211 Posts
dynojet2018 won't open anything for me either. It asks for the password...I enter dynojet2018 and nothing.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I will assume you have the software. Plug your PV3 into your computer and open it as a USB device. From there you can copy and paste the .stk and the .djt files to a folder of your choice. Open the Powercore app and select C3 tuning software. That will bring up the software page. From the home page select open and browse to the folder that contains the files you pasted. Select a file and click open. It will then bring up a dialog box for the unlock password. Type in dynojet2018 and it should open the file. You can also open more than one file and then go to the compare tab and select compare tunes. It can give you a summary or you can even open open the comparison on the left side and look at the differences between individual elements. If you modify a file save it as a file with a different name. Example; 1701101HPRu.djt You can then just paste the new file into the PV3. The other way with the Powercore software installed is to just double click the file and give it a minute to load. If the file is unlocked it will just open the file, if it is locked it will prompt you for the password.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I have a couple of unlocked files, I just can't attach them here. I would need to e-mail them with their decriptions. They would just need to be pasted into your PV3.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a couple of unlocked files, I just can't attach them here. I would need to e-mail them with their decriptions. They would just need to be pasted into your PV3.
Yes. I have the powercore downloaded and have used/viewed several times. I recently installed a password manager and I think that may be part of the problem. I also think there is a browser conflict as well. I can sign in to DT using the google tab below the login, but when I look at my account it has the google info stored and won't let me change it.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,246 Posts
I recently installed a password manager and I think that may be part of the problem.
Yes, that absolutely is the problem. Get rid of that software! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve delt with clients using that type of program that causes so many problems. Go out, buy yourself a simple $.99 cent notebook, and write down your passwords for each site.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts