Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2020 KRX1000 high beams quit working after 700 miles...low beams and running lights work fine.

·
Registered
102 Posts
2020 KRX1000 high beams quit working after 700 miles...low beams and running lights work fine.
If it is both headlights, I would look towards the headlight switch. Maybe the harness is loose behind the switch

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
454 Posts
Mine do that if there’s too much draw from the battery. I have to shut off some accessories and let the battery charge up. Works fine after.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
411 Posts
Mine do that if there’s too much draw from the battery. I have to shut off some accessories and let the battery charge up. Works fine after.
Really? Huh, do they come on really dim? Or not at all? How does the electrical system know there is not enough power to turn them on?? 🤔

·
Registered
102 Posts
Also look for a headlight relay, swap it with another relay in the fuse panel. If the problem goes away, buy a new relay

·
Registered
183 Posts
Really? Huh, do they come on really dim? Or not at all? How does the electrical system know there is not enough power to turn them on?? 🤔
Interesting. I have some hi end led flashlights that do the same thing when the rechargable batteries go bad dropping supply voltage. The led power driver circuit just locks out. Restore proper supply voltage and back to normal. If this is the case with the KRX hi beams that's actually a pretty cool feature.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
411 Posts
Interesting. I have some hi end led flashlights that do the same thing when the rechargable batteries go bad dropping supply voltage. The led power driver circuit just locks out. Restore proper supply voltage and back to normal. If this is the case with the KRX hi beams that's actually a pretty cool feature.
Ahhhh, that’s a good point, that makes sense now. You’re correct, not enough juice to the transformer = no lights for you!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine is on backorder and I am waiting for the dealer to tell me if it is covered under warranty.... quit working 2 weeks after warranty expired with less then 700 miles on it

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
454 Posts
Mine is on backorder and I am waiting for the dealer to tell me if it is covered under warranty.... quit working 2 weeks after warranty expired with less then 700 miles on it
Good luck. Here’s a part number for you.
27010-0903

1 - 12 of 12 Posts