Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 teryx krx
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone ever use the low power mode, when i test drove one at the dealer it was in high power? i've never found a use for it yet

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use it all the time. Wife and I like to ride mountain trails with a lot of rocks. Staying in high power can cause the accelerator pedal to be touchy which results in bucking feeling. Low power allows the driver to keep stronger pressure on pedal which eliminates the touchy aspects of the throttle and provides for smoother ride. Once you get to smoother portions of trail you can push throttle and gain some aspect of high power. I real like this feature and use it all the time. Wife will also ask me to deploy regularly.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Trail Edition
33 Posts
I use it all the time. Wife and I like to ride mountain trails with a lot of rocks. Staying in high power can cause the accelerator pedal to be touchy which results in bucking feeling. Low power allows the driver to keep stronger pressure on pedal which eliminates the touchy aspects of the throttle and provides for smoother ride. Once you get to smoother portions of trail you can push throttle and gain some aspect of high power. I real like this feature and use it all the time. Wife will also ask me to deploy regularly.
The rocky sections will smooth out if you just go faster 🤪

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
The rocky sections will smooth out if you just go faster 🤪
Yep !

There has only been one time that I would have used Low power (mine is disabled due to tune) and that is last week when completing Walden's Ridge - there were a couple times i would have used it to smooth out some of the more technical rock sections to avoid any jumpiness.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,070 Posts
I pretty much ride nothing but rocks, and have zero use for "low power". I tried it once when new just to see what it was about. It should be called "no power". Couldn't even climb a hill. Kind of like reverse is in these machines, only worse.

·
Registered
2014 T2 SE, 2021 KRX 1000 TE
34 Posts
I'm with BobX2, other than my low/high power reverse now having the same throttle map as the low gear maps, I am more apt to using low power reverse to back off the trailer.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
298 Posts
Please confirm. Can you switch from low to high or vice versa on the fly? Or is key off engine off required.

·
Registered
2014 T2 SE, 2021 KRX 1000 TE
34 Posts
The switch from low to high power, or vice versa, will only take affect when you come to a stop. The engine can be running and in gear.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've never used low power but I did come from a talon/pioneer and turbo yxz so I know how to lock my ankle lol. The problem with low power in the stock krx tune is it never goes to full power in low power mode. It could be a problem if you get in trouble and need full power. That is adjustable in the dynojet tuning if you know what your doing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts