Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wifey and I made the 9hr trip down to HF last week and stayed Thursday-Sunday. First let me say this park is awesome!!!

They have a little something for every skill level and we truly enjoyed the wide range of trails. I lean more towards the difficult side of trails and they have it in spades. Major climbs, stair-steps, huge boulders, steep descents, etc, etc, etc. Even enjoyed catching some air on the faster trails with whoops. They have easy trails as well and scenic vistas that will take your breath away.

The campgrounds are layed out well and the facilities are top-notch. Nice to take a hot shower and grab a bite at the food truck after a long day of riding.

We spent the weekend in a Starlite cabin and while tight it was perfect for the two of us. They sleep 3 but that would be cramped if one of those isn’t a small child or tiny person. Ac/heat worked well, shower again was hot with good water pressure, and it was clean with comfy-(ish) beds. Outside the cabins are beautiful spacious decks, picnic tables, and cool bbq pits for cooking or just hanging around.

Weather was a bit of a pita for the first two days and cut our riding short, so I plan to go back and highly recommend everyone add HFAP to their list of destinations.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

I managed to save this before going over with a little help from some jeepers who were spotting me. Full vid is 5 min long so need to upload to utube. Once done I’ll post a link here.

·
Banned
503 Posts
Really? We were pretty disappointed when we went. It was cool and all and I can see the appeal of its in your backyard... buuuut it’s not worth driving across the country to ride. There just aren’t many trails. @Kilo427 your thoughts?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really? We were pretty disappointed when we went. It was cool and all and I can see the appeal of its in your backyard... buuuut it’s not worth driving across the country to ride. There just aren’t many trails. @Kilo427 your thoughts?
Maybe y’all had the wrong map?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,663 Posts
Looks like a fun place to spend a long weekend.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, we met some friends who are locals there. That was back when we were still in the pioneers and it took about a day and a half to cover it all. The Krx could cover it in half the time. It’s just a very small park.
guess it’s all about perspective. I don’t think anyone could ride that whole place in a few days unless you’re hauling ass the whole time not actually enjoying it, or in a vehicle not capable of the miles of massive climbs, stairs, etc. Whatever though, we had a blast and can’t wait to go back. For reference where do you normally ride?

·
Banned
503 Posts
guess it’s all about perspective. I don’t think anyone could ride that whole place in a few days unless you’re hauling ass the whole time not actually enjoying it, or in a vehicle not capable of the miles of massive climbs, stairs, etc. Whatever though, we had a blast and can’t wait to go back. For reference where do you normally ride?
That’s true..
I travel all over.. I live in Ky.. ride TN, UT, AR, CO... Your part of Arkansas has better riding than there. I’m not big on gravel road type riding. Yes, they have some trails but the 4 of us that made the trip all said we probably would never go back. It just wasn’t impressive. I don’t like the little 5-6k acre parks. That’s not my thing. I want 100’s or 1000’s of miles of trials, not 10’s of miles. If I were a few hours from the house.. sure. But to drive half way across the country. Nope!! You’ll understand what I mean when you get to east TN.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That’s true..
I travel all over.. I live in Ky.. ride TN, UT, AR, CO... Your part of Arkansas has better riding than there. I’m not big on gravel road type riding. Yes, they have some trails but the 4 of us that made the trip all said we probably would never go back. It just wasn’t impressive. I don’t like the little 5-6k acre parks. That’s not my thing. I want 100’s or 100’s of miles of trials, not 10’s of miles. If I were a few hours from the house.. sure. But to drive half way across the country. Nope!! You’ll understand what I mean when you get to east TN.
Hf is over 2k acres and 200 miles of trails, not sure where you went. Anyways no point continuing this convo. I loved it and so do the several thousand other people who go there every year.

·
Banned
503 Posts
Hf is over 2k acres and 200 miles of trails, not sure where you went. Anyways no point continuing this convo. I loved it and so do the several thousand other people who go there every year.
There is not 200 miles of trails there. I’m pretty sure it’s around 50 miles of trails.
I point all this out because it’s the internet and little Johnny from Chattanooga gets on here and finds this post about this “awesome place” in Texas and he takes his one week of vacation for the year to go ride there. My point is, I’ve been there and a lot of other places. It ain’t all that!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There is not 200 miles of trails there. I’m pretty sure it’s around 50 miles of trails.
I point all this out because it’s the internet and little Johnny from Chattanooga gets on here and finds this post about this “awesome place” in Texas and he takes his one week of vacation for the year to go ride there. My point is, I’ve been there and a lot of other places. It ain’t all that!!
do a quick google search, over 200 miles of trails. Unless every trail rating website is wrong. Don’t spread misinformation because you don’t like a place. It’s not cool.

·
Banned
503 Posts
do a quick google search, over 200 miles of trails. Unless every trail rating website is wrong. Don’t spread misinformation because you don’t like a place. It’s not cool.
I’m not the one spreading misinformation.. you should check your search results again.

·
Banned
503 Posts

That’s why I said to check your search results.. the big loop around the outside is around 10 miles total. 2000 acres is a tiny park. I’m guessing you’re new to this. Again, I’m not here to argue. I’m just pointing out to anyone that reads this one day, that there is 2 days TOPS of riding there. If you’re driving half way across the country there are better destinations. If you enjoyed it.. great! We did for a couple days. But when you’re on a 4 day trip and drive from Ky to Texas, it’s a let down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
lackluster fairly limited on trails, was fairly overpriced with no night riding. Given the places I have been I would rate it a 4 out of 10. Not saying I didn’t have fun just far from the best.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey bud, glad you enjoyed it. Haven’t tried but I live in Texas and will try it. My wife and I are newish to UTV’s after 20+ years of doing similar adventures on horseback. We love the outdoors and love meeting good folk along the way. Me, life today is too much not to enjoy or time, when time is precious. Me, I would enjoy meeting up with others, ride, cook, have a drink, and remember the memory.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I’m guessing you’re new to this.
And I’m guessing you have a reason to hate this place that you’re not sharing since you’re so hell bent on trash talking it. FTR I got my first dirtbike in 1978 and have been riding offroad ever since

lackluster fairly limited on trails, was fairly overpriced with no night riding. Given the places I have been I would rate it a 4 out of 10. Not saying I didn’t have fun just far from the best.
and yet their website clearly states night-riding is allowed on weekends.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts