Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new here just wondering if anyone has any experience with buying back a totaled KRX from insurance? Mine had minor frame damage but Kawasaki has no Frame parts so insurance totaled it. Just wondering about how much it’s going to cost to buy back so I can fix it my self. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Hey guys, new here just wondering if anyone has any experience with buying back a totaled KRX from insurance? Mine had minor frame damage but Kawasaki has no Frame parts so insurance totaled it. Just wondering about how much it’s going to cost to buy back so I can fix it my self. Thanks! View attachment 4159
What's the story behind the crash?

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, Shock Therapy, CageWRX Sport cage, 33" System 3 RT320's
109 Posts
I have the factory roll cage off of my trail edition. I replaced mine with an aftermarket cagewrx cage (which is what I'd do if I were you in this situation).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the factory roll cage off of my trail edition. I replaced mine with an aftermarket cagewrx cage (which is what I'd do if I were you in this situation).
Thanks that’s the plan, just wondering if anyone knows how much to buy back a totaled one of these machine

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, Shock Therapy, CageWRX Sport cage, 33" System 3 RT320's
109 Posts
Thanks that’s the plan, just wondering if anyone knows how much to buy back a totaled one of these machine
That's all gonna depend on your insurance company

·
Registered
70 Posts
This is on full access utv site, and they are trying to sell a product, so how true it is I dont know....

"Kawasaki will TOTAL LOSS a machine no mater how bad the frame damage was. A shock mount, bent tube, torn A-arm bracket, anything. Customers have lost thousands to the insurance company simply because Kawasaki does not sell a replacement frame and considers "ANY" frame damage a complete write off. A simple 30 minute repair for some, but Kawasaki will not repair or replace the frame.
It gets worse. Once Kawasaki notifies the insurance database of total loss frame damage, your KRX is considered uninsurable and NO INSURANCE company will insure it. You can't ride it, finance it, sell it, or do anything with it other than give it to the insurance company! "

·
Registered
91 Posts
Been down this road last year. As stated above once the frame has damaged it is done. Did you have full coverage on it for accessories also, if not pull those parts off. We’re you hurt at all? It does suck that for a 20k+ toy they total them so easily. Until they have frames available this will continue to happen. In fact they can’t even get the parts out fast enough for ones that are not totaled

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is on full access utv site, and they are trying to sell a product, so how true it is I dont know....

"Kawasaki will TOTAL LOSS a machine no mater how bad the frame damage was. A shock mount, bent tube, torn A-arm bracket, anything. Customers have lost thousands to the insurance company simply because Kawasaki does not sell a replacement frame and considers "ANY" frame damage a complete write off. A simple 30 minute repair for some, but Kawasaki will not repair or replace the frame.
It gets worse. Once Kawasaki notifies the insurance database of total loss frame damage, your KRX is considered uninsurable and NO INSURANCE company will insure it. You can't ride it, finance it, sell it, or do anything with it other than give it to the insurance company! "
First, it's not up to kawi to decided if a vehicle is totaled or not. All they can do is notify the insurance company on the cost of repair, and the insurance company makes the determination on if it's a total loss. I have heard of insurance companies spending upwards of 30k to repair a truck that was struck by lightning by replacing all of the modules, even when the MSRP of the truck was around 70k. You can most certainly insure it once it is repaired, and there are many ways to go about it. Many states don't even issue a proper salvage title for an ATV/UTV, and it's up in the air if states would even issue a rebuilt title.

Honestly, OP is in a really good position to go get a junk beetle, jeep, or some other automobile that will fit over the cage with minimal effort with a clean title. He can then register his KRX as a VW beetle, as long as he maintains the cowl, front frame rails and the door sticker that maintains the vin plate. No issues insuring a 2001 Beetle with a clean title. A guy on youtube did this with an X3 and it's pretty wicked.

·
Registered
70 Posts
No its not up to Kawasaki to total it, but will the ins co take on the liability to fix it( or insure it later) if Kawi won't sell the parts to fix it 100%....
Might depend on what ins co you have.

Best of luck, and keep us posted on the outcome.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey guys, new here just wondering if anyone has any experience with buying back a totaled KRX from insurance? Mine had minor frame damage but Kawasaki has no Frame parts so insurance totaled it. Just wondering about how much it’s going to cost to buy back so I can fix it my self. Thanks! View attachment 4159
I would remove the cage to get rid of the stress on the frame that the cage is giving it then remove plastics take your measurements. your door in the photo looks like it has even gaps, measure your wheel base. x measure your cross members. you need to get factory frame measurements I think I would check it out 1st before getting intouch with the insurance. It may not be as bad as you think.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys I appreciate all the reply’s. I did have full coverage with the accessories as well. Will let everyone know on how much buy back will be for me as they are running the numbers. I like the look of that x3 as well🤣

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Been down this road last year. As stated above once the frame has damaged it is done. Did you have full coverage on it for accessories also, if not pull those parts off. We’re you hurt at all? It does suck that for a 20k+ toy they total them so easily. Until they have frames available this will continue to happen. In fact they can’t even get the parts out fast enough for ones that are not totaled
I did break my humerus bone that goes from shoulder to elbow, had to have surgery. Metal plate and 8 screws. I’m ready to go riding again!

·
Registered
66 Posts
glad yer somewhat ok... coulda been a lot worse..my buddy has an x3 and loves it..... the only gripe i have against the x3 is that he paid nearly $37k (before taxes) because dealers are in "short supply" or some other BS reason. but yet my local Kawi dealer is selling a new KRX for regular sticker price of about $22k if i remember right.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Let's just hope they pay off what you owe/ good value and you can just reset. I can only see one pic and even with that crushed cage, it looks pretty repairable.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,145 Posts
glad yer somewhat ok... coulda been a lot worse..my buddy has an x3 and loves it..... the only gripe i have against the x3 is that he paid nearly $37k (before taxes) because dealers are in "short supply" or some other BS reason. but yet my local Kawi dealer is selling a new KRX for regular sticker price of about $22k if i remember right.
They pay that cause they want to. Supply and demand. When you want the machine NOW you’re gonna pay for it. OR you could go the route I went and place your order and wait 6 months and pay MSRP.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts