Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve been to Hatfield before and I’m going with a couple buddies again in May (Rockhouse and Buffalo).
What I’m wondering is which trail system and lodging would be best to go with my daughter (she will be 7 when we go so should be allowed to ride there). She probably has over 500 miles in various side by sides ranging from green to black trails but this go around we are looking to keep it very easy and scenic.
Any recommendations?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000, 2016 Wildcat Sport, 2018 Ram 3500 and 2016 XLR305V12 toy hauler
53 Posts
We haven't stayed here but friends have. The Devils Backbone Adventure resort is right on the Devil Anse system between Rock House and Buffalo systems. They have nice newer cabins and a pool for your daughter if she likes to swim.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oddly enough, DBB is where we stayed for our trip last year lol. It was a fantastic resort and that's probably where I will end up again and just take her on Devil's Anse and maybe over to BM. I thought I remembered reading something about there being a more wide open and scenic trail system though... maybe Pinnacle or Pocahontas?

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000, 2016 Wildcat Sport, 2018 Ram 3500 and 2016 XLR305V12 toy hauler
53 Posts
I have only been to Pocahontas/Indian Ridge/Pinnacle Creek once, trails were easier the blacks over there are like blues on Rockhouse. Another option is Twin Hollow Campground and cabins, they even offer a guided tour to the historic sites and wild horses a lot that are "outlaw trails" but still easy and scenic.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sounds like a great option, I actually have another trip scheduled at TH in May but that's the guys trip. I wasn't aware they did a guided tour, I think she will like that and she'd love to see the horses

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the trip booked for April!

Gold and Blue cabins and going to do as much Pocahontas/Indian ridge/pinnacle as we can.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Those are good systems with a kid. The blacks are mostly pretty easy, green and blue are roads. Tons of outlaw stuff down around there and bunch restaurants and bars along the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts