Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to pull the trigger on a '21 KRX tomorrow as there getting scarce in my area and the one I want (green) just had a pending deal with another buyer fall through. I'm wanting to lock it up with a deposit and do the deal in a few days as the dealer is 4 hours away. It will our our first Kawasaki!

I'm checking on from the high country (8'500) within minutes some awesome riding. As in out my driveway to a ghost town less than a mile away and additional miles and miles of double track trails.. I saw my first KRX at the dealer a few weeks ago when I was having my Pioneer P1000 serviced.

It was love at first sight!

Unfortunately, the KRX I saw was customers that had hit a tree stump at 60 with the real wheel and had ripped the trailing arm mount off. Amazingly, there was no other damage. I am a big guy(6'-4") And mid #300s) and the interior looks great size wise. I really wanted to climb in and try it for size, but no way would I do it without the owners permission. My dealer where the KRX I'm making a comittment on is over 120 miles away and there is not a single KRX near by to sit in. Any thoughts on big and tall fitment in this rig?

Great site and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm wanting to pull the trigger on a '21 KRX tomorrow as there getting scarce in my area and the one I want (green) just had a pending deal with another buyer fall through. I'm wanting to lock it up with a deposit and do the deal in a few days as the dealer is 4 hours away. It will our our first Kawasaki!

I'm checking on from the high country (8'500) within minutes some awesome riding. As in out my driveway to a ghost town less than a mile away and additional miles and miles of double track trails.. I saw my first KRX at the dealer a few weeks ago when I was having my Pioneer P1000 serviced.

Unfortunately, the KRX I saw was customers that had hit a tree stump at 60 with the real wheel and had ripped the trailing arm mount off. Amazingly, there was no other damage. I am a big guy(6'-4") And mid #300s) and the interior looks great size wise. I really wanted to climb in and try it for size, but no way would I do it without the owners permission. My dealer where the KRX I'm making a comittment on is over 120 miles away and there is not a single KRX near by to sit in. Any thoughts on big and tall fitment in this rig?

I just purchased a 2021 Trail Edition and being 6’4 and around 260, leg room was a big selling point. The KXR was much roomier than the Razor I originally wanted. Happy with it so far

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just purchased a 2021 Trail Edition and being 6’4 and around 260, leg room was a big selling point. The KXR was much roomier than the Razor I originally wanted. Happy with it so far
Thanks so much for the feedback! I've looked at a lot of sport type UTV cabs and the KRX cab size is impressive.

·
Registered
2020 Krx 1000
33 Posts

Oh yeah, you’re gonna love it! I’m 6’4” 325# and it has plenty of shoulder width, and some good leg room.
I did however fabricate a set of brackets for the seat to give me 2 more inches of leg room, but that’s up to you if you need it or not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sigh, I've, spent most of my life moving seats and fabricating "big and tall" mods for stuff designed for size normies. I saw the posts on this form dealing with this so I figure that will be the first thing that I do when my machine is configured in two weeks or so.

Just pulled the trigger 5 minutes ago! Now it's wait time (est. max 2 weeks) for my optioms package parts to arrive and be installed.

Hope to be able to contribute as I learn. Thanks for all the valuable input!

·
Registered
2020 Krx 1000
33 Posts
I find the extra leg room is nice when I’m cruising along, but when I’m in rough terrain, I’ll move the seat up a couple of clicks (back to factory setting) to be more “on it” when navigating stuff.
Drive it around for a while to decide for yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts