Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

Heat issues in the cab.

27K views 52 replies 17 participants last post by  Gibbster 
#1 ·
Greetings, new member, I’ve had my KRX about 2 weeks now about halfway into my break in,my issue is the extreme heat buildup in the cab gets unbearable like a sauna, heat pours in from center counsel by the parking brake lever and shift lever, forget about putting a drink in the cup holders unless it’s a cup of coffee gets too hot to drink, been to dealer no help, found on Kawasaki web site Cab seal kit pt.# 99994-1346 there is a video, anyone have this , any luck with the heat issue.

#4 ·
I brought this up to the dealer about the radiator lines, their reply was I was the first one to complain about this, which I know is a boatload of crap, because as I was leaving the dealership I was approached by a customer who overheard me talking and said he was in a week before me complaining of the same thing so I guess I’m on my own I’ll have to see how difficult it is to take apart the console

#13 ·
That’s one of my problems, I ended up making a couple of leather boots for gear shifter and parking brake lever heat was pouring out of those spots like the heater on my truck, next going to take apart the console and try to insulate the radiator lines running through there

#14 ·
Honestly if you are complaining krx is HOT I dont think ya have much experience in other utv's. It is good compared to many and about the same as the others. imop. Take a ride in a Teryx4, now that gets warm. Try canam commander? Yikes. Venting air through is the key. Wraps n such help but air is your friend.

#16 ·
so curious on this post,, having owned three can am mid engine machines dealing with heat in the cab was a common topic and there were many inventive solutions to keep it at bay.. my first outing on the krx had no accessories, roof, windshield or other wise.. and I felt no heat.. but I did purchase the mud kit that comes with the front and back windshield that has no vents.. that has me worried of back draft and heat issues.. I had a full windshield on my mid engine maverick and it required cutting in windshield vents to create air flow was a must even in the winter. I asked the Kawi dealer about how to deal with the back draft created with the full windshield and was told the heater vent kit would help this.. and it would if it pulled in fresh air.. it only recirculates .. I have added the heater kit and seal kit also had the interior panels off and can say imo there is room for improvement.. the thin rubber mud flap on the firewall front and back and under the console is grossly inadequate... how ever not sure If daming the holes up would not be creating more of a air trap in the cab instead of the air flow that's needed when having the krx windshield.. so here is what I'm going to try.. seal up the gaps In the cab, especially the big holes in the firewall, insulate the water pipes.. seal up the doors. shim out the windshield allowing air over the top, and add a pro vent off a Can am and drop it into the roof..
I have ran across some discussion on this back draft issues on other machines and the consensus of what works best is a full back glass with a drop down or half windshield. I had an opportunity to ride in a x3 with a full windshield and there optional Provent and it really kept the dust out of the cab.. so I purchased one to drop in the roof of the krx and will see how it works..

#20 ·
The heat from the console was bad on my first trip out in 95 degree Texas heat I removed console and was able to install 1 1/4 in foam pipe insulation on all of the metal tubing under fuel tank and console, then wrapped rubber hoses with reflective foam insulation and man was it way better. we can now actually use the front cupholders. I was concerned if the cooling system used the length of the hoses for heat transfer to keep the coolant at a manageable level but it did not change coolant temp at all. have been out twice in same heat and never seen 190 degree coolant temp yet. I will say this is a CHORE and I had to use silicone and loosen brackets to get pipe insulation between pipe and fuel tank.

#24 ·
i purchased them from Home Depot, you may not like this but they are.
2) 3" Oatey pvc toilet flanges, extended open.
2) 3" Nibco PVC DWV 45 degree pigot street eldow's
i will get better pictures tomorrow. so you can see exactly were i put them. i also have a half windshield for this time of year. it is just to warm outside for the full one.

#35 ·
I took my console out and wherever I could, I put some DEI Heat Shield in underneath. DEI has a lot of products that’s really good for deflecting heat. But I agree with other comments about the radiator tubing, that hot coolant circulating produces a lot of heat, if you can insulate under the console it helps a good bit.

#36 ·
One thing also is I have the half windshield. It’s incredible how much air circulation it omits. I removed it for the day and goodness it’s was so much better. I live in the desert, not sure if there’s hotter areas in the US. I rode in 110 degree dry heat weather with it and the cab was about 140. The console was so hot that you literally would get singed touching it. I think I’m gonna save it for the winter where I actually NEED to retain the heat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.