Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my KRX and there seens to be excessive heat coming from either the engine or radiator , we can feel it in the passenger and driver floorboards , does anyone else have the same issue

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
31 Posts
I just got my KRX and there seens to be excessive heat coming from either the engine or radiator , we can feel it in the passenger and driver floorboards , does anyone else have the same issue

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
206 Posts
Like every other UTV with a front mounted radiator, the coolant lines run right down the middle of the machine from front to back. On the KRX they come through high on the fire wall before dropping down and running right below the fuel tank. I managed to get some 1-1/2" pipe insulation on mine from the fire wall to the steel pipe. (rubber hose) I also managed to get a piece of 1" on the "hot" line (steel pipe) from the rubber hose and down under the fuel tank. I did all this from inside the passenger side of the cab. I would have to pull the skid plates to get to the "cool" side from underneath. Didn't want to do that, so I will see if I helped with what I did do.

·
Registered
2020 krx 1000
5 Posts
Yea mine is extremely hot too. I went on long rides not going over 180° and yet all the plastics interior and exterior were scorching. Which is weird because before I had a Polaris ranger and that thing always ran hot and it was nice and cool in the cab at all times

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like every other UTV with a front mounted radiator, the coolant lines run right down the middle of the machine from front to back. On the KRX they come through high on the fire wall before dropping down and running right below the fuel tank. I managed to get some 1-1/2" pipe insulation on mine from the fire wall to the steel pipe. (rubber hose) I also managed to get a piece of 1" on the "hot" line (steel pipe) from the rubber hose and down under the fuel tank. I did all this from inside the passenger side of the cab. I would have to pull the skid plates to get to the "cool" side from underneath. Didn't want to do that, so I will see if I helped with what I did do.
Great thank you , that was my plan , did you get the insulation from Home Depot, did it raise your engine temps?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
206 Posts
Great thank you , that was my plan , did you get the insulation from Home Depot, did it raise your engine temps?
I bought mine at the local Ace Hardware store. No difference at all in engine temps.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
206 Posts
Great thank you , just got some , hopefully it helps
I haven't really been able to try mine to see how much of a difference it made. Until our ^%[email protected]# governor decides it's "safe" for us and opens our state back up, all I can do is ride out behind the house. Better than nothing, but it only about 10 acres to play around on.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
206 Posts
135 miles and everything is fine, nothing to report. I did do the angle grind on the rear steering stops on the front knuckles. They had been hitting and had scratched the paint off the a-arms. Ground the angle and repainted where the paint had been scratched off. No sign of them hitting anymore. Got the notice from Kawasaki about getting my rear axles inspected, but haven't been able to get it in yet. So far the axles are still seated as normal, so really not concerned about them. Awesome machine for sure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
135 miles and everything is fine, nothing to report. I did do the angle grind on the rear steering stops on the front knuckles. They had been hitting and had scratched the paint off the a-arms. Ground the angle and repainted where the paint had been scratched off. No sign of them hitting anymore. Got the notice from Kawasaki about getting my rear axles inspected, but haven't been able to get it in yet. So far the axles are still seated as normal, so really not concerned about them. Awesome machine for sure.
Yea awesome machine , the only other issue is there is a "clunk" that i hear when hitting large bumps at speed and i have not been able to track it down yet , i had my axles inspected and the dealer told me the have not found any that were not seated

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ever since I adjusted my shocks because of 2" spring sag I have not had any "Clunk" sounds. I think the tinder spring is it. ??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ever since I adjusted my shocks because of 2" spring sag I have not had any "Clunk" sounds. I think the tinder spring is it. ??
How much harsher did it make the ride , i went 4 turns out amd the ride is much smoother and less unpredictable in the large bumps but of coarse i still have the clunk

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
206 Posts
How much harsher did it make the ride , i went 4 turns out amd the ride is much smoother and less unpredictable in the large bumps but of coarse i still have the clunk
The clunk is likely coming from hitting the crossover ring. Try adjusting your crossover rings up an inch or so. This allows you to use more of the tender spring before the heavier, lower spring engages. I also have adjusted my preload to regain ground clearance, due to spring sag. It took about an inch of preload, and I have my 14+ clearance again. I noticed no change in ride quality.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes Bob. I have a little more travel/space on tinder spring as well. I went up to 14" as well. I feel the ride is better at low speed bumps now. I also am very soft on compression, around 4 clicks from bottom. The clunk is gone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes Bob. I have a little more travel/space on tinder spring as well. I went up to 14" as well. I feel the ride is better at low speed bumps now. I also am very soft on compression, around 4 clicks from bottom. The clunk is gone.
Great thank you guys i will try to adjust the crossover some more

·
Registered
96 Posts
Do preload as well. It will sag soon, I promise. Add some-1/2"?? and add more on secondary tender/crossover. I am almost maxed out with tender adjust. imop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello yes I have a Krx 1000 and I noticed that on the first ride. I have the same problem excessive heat on both sides
other then that I love the machine
any help on how to cool off that part because is really uncomfortable after a couple of hours riding it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts