Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Often ride near streams and rivers and the fact that I can not turn off the running lights is an oversight. If any light is present I am over run with swathes of bugs especially if there has been a recent hatch. Also run security and to not be able to sit with engine running and not giving up my location makes no sense. Who’s got my answer??!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
check and see if its possible to tee the front running lights into the low beam head lights... then they would illuminate with the switch.. Have you tried the Kawi green front light or other night vision?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At a quick glance yesterday teeing them wasn’t the easy answer although usually these issues aren’t easy. Not a fan of the green light and not sure of what other night vision options you refer to.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki KRX 1000
43 Posts
is there a way of turning off the running lights if you want to just run the accessories? Find it silly to have the running lights on if you want to have you other accessories running (ie whips, stereo) any help would be great!

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,290 Posts
is there a way of turning off the running lights if you want to just run the accessories? Find it silly to have the running lights on if you want to have you other accessories running (ie whips, stereo) any help would be great!
If you’re using that much juice, it’s time for the alternator kit, or dual batteries. Those LED running lights use practically nothing for power.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki KRX 1000
43 Posts
Oh no, I just have whips right now. I was just curious if there was a way to turn off the running lights. Seems like other side by sides can turn off their lights and still run their lighting accessories and such.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,290 Posts
Oh no, I just have whips right now. I was just curious if there was a way to turn off the running lights. Seems like other side by sides can turn off their lights and still run their lighting accessories and such.
I got ya. Personally, I’d want them on. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve come around a corner (especially on cloudy or late in the day) and “Poof” there’s someone coming the other way. 👍🏻

·
Registered
224 Posts
I imagine you're just wanting to run stuff at camp without running lamps, eh?

I think you'd have to wire in a cutoff switch and power your stereo direct off the battery. That'd be the safest without messing with the factory wiring harness that runs your lights.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki KRX 1000
43 Posts
I imagine you're just wanting to run stuff at camp without running lamps, eh?

I think you'd have to wire in a cutoff switch and power your stereo direct off the battery. That'd be the safest without messing with the factory wiring harness that runs your lights.
Yes that's correct. Pretty much just wanting to turn the whips on and turn the running lights off when just hanging out at night at camp and what not. Thank you for the recommendation!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts