Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have no doubt that I will like them. It's just getting my wife used to something new that can be a challenge. The forward straps that make it a 6 point are the ones that she has the biggest problem with. I think a few rides will get them adjusted to her liking and then all should be good.
Hummmm... that kinda sounds dirty when you say it.

·
Registered
2021 KRX1000
23 Posts
Just got home our first ride with the click 6 harnesses. They are great, much more comfortable than I thought they’d be.

·
Registered
12 Posts
!st thing I put on mine, Old can am had the Dragonfire 4 points on a harness bar, very snug once in but could not even budge to reach a dash switches or a beer in the cup holder. Really like this set up from Kawi.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
How well do the retractors hold up to sand and mud?
They have been around for a while. They have been making them for the RZR for a few years now, so it must be a pretty reliable setup. The retractor is basically the same as what is used for the seat belt.

·
Registered
48 Posts
They have been around for a while. They have been making them for the RZR for a few years now, so it must be a pretty reliable setup. The retractor is basically the same as what is used for the seat belt.
Do you guys think these harness s would work w high end aftermarket seats.say like the brps w high bolsters?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I haven't heard of anyone having an issue with them when using aftermarket seats. With the price of seats, I would get in touch with the seat manufacturer and check with them before ordering just to be sure.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Trail Edition
6 Posts
The seats hit the harness bar about 2 notches from going all the way back.
That's a bummer. One of the reasons I bought the KRX was the decent amount of room with the seat all the way back. I was about to pull the trigger on theses harnesses. Guess I may need to rethink it.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
163 Posts
If you use the dragonfire mounting you will not lose any room behind your seats. Very simple install in about 45min. I'm tall and can't risk losing leg room or storage area behind my seats. As far as retractors, I'm not sold they will not get gunked up.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
If you use the dragonfire mounting you will not lose any room behind your seats. Very simple install in about 45min. I'm tall and can't risk losing leg room or storage area behind my seats. As far as retractors, I'm not sold they will not get gunked up.
The retractors are really no different than the ones used for the regular seatbelt. I've never had one of those get gunked up and cause an issue. These are mounted up high and won't be subjected to the mud and water getting in them like the low mounted seatbelt retractors. They've been used in RZR's for several years and I've yet to hear of a failure. I really don't think there is any reason to worry about them.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
163 Posts
The retractors are really no different than the ones used for the regular seatbelt. I've never had one of those get gunked up and cause an issue. These are mounted up high and won't be subjected to the mud and water getting in them like the low mounted seatbelt retractors. They've been used in RZR's for several years and I've yet to hear of a failure. I really don't think there is any reason to worry about them.
The mud ride we went on ended up having to clean the original retractors. It was a mess! I was always wanting to go 5 point anyway. My route cost me 340 total for everything while the kawasaki set is almost 600 bucks. Plus I like the blue harnesses.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The mud ride we went on ended up having to clean the original retractors. It was a mess! I was always wanting to go 5 point anyway. My route cost me 340 total for everything while the kawasaki set is almost 600 bucks. Plus I like the blue harnesses.
Yup, I can understand that.
I had a 5 point harness in my vette's when I used to race them. I liked how it made me feel like I was part of the car, however, I didn't like how all I could reach was the steering wheel. If I forgot to partially close my door before strapping in, I couldn't reach it to close it. lol

·
Registered
324 Posts
If you use the dragonfire mounting you will not lose any room behind your seats. Very simple install in about 45min. I'm tall and can't risk losing leg room or storage area behind my seats.
Same issue here. This is bringing back memories of being harnessed in and noticing I left the keys on the dash or the door open %^$##@#. :unsure: Perhaps some prosthetic hand extensions for controls are in order. That's the ticket! I could fab some under roof mounting brackets for these bad boys! :)

Sorry, been reading super boring piping design tech documents all morning and it makes me a little crazy.

·
Registered
390 Posts
If I were doing nothing else but racing.. yeah, I’d go 5 point harnesses. But for trail riding and general use. Retractable all day long! The cost difference is negligible between a good set of 5 points and then a harness bar versus the retractable from Kawi.
332E775A-3DFD-4CBC-AF11-7F6B1158A1A5.png

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
330 Posts
I consider myself lucky. I have super long arms and can reach just about anything in the cab even strapped in to the 5 point. I have the same setup as silverbullet

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
163 Posts
Yup, I can understand that.
I had a 5 point harness in my vette's when I used to race them. I liked how it made me feel like I was part of the car, however, I didn't like how all I could reach was the steering wheel. If I forgot to partially close my door before strapping in, I couldn't reach it to close it. lol

View attachment 2683

View attachment 2684

View attachment 2685

View attachment 2686
Sweet ride! I understand where you're coming from. When you're strapped in, you're in!
I consider myself lucky. I have super long arms and can reach just about anything in the cab even strapped in to the 5 point. I have the same setup as silverbullet
Yep! Being 6'6" with a long wing span sure helps! My wife is 5'1" so she is worthless harnessed in 🤫

·
Registered
14 Posts
Question for all you folks with the click6 - can you get the retractors to lock? Like if you pull the seat belt all the way out on a car and then let it ratchet back? I like retractable for casual stuff, but when it's go time, I'd like to be well locked in.

Also, does anyone (with racing experience) have any thoughts about running harnesses on the stock ROPS? Don't wanna get ma mellon squished.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts