Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have about 70 miles on my KRX and it started to get very hard to shift gears. Noticed RPMs at idle have increased from around 1300 rpm at idle to about 1700 rpm now which is engaging clutch and making it hard to shift. Gonna be going in to the dealer but was wondering if anyone else had this issue and what was the culprit.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I looked up Idle Speed Adjustment in my Factory service manual..........not a simple adjustment, as it's auto controlled by the ECU Idle control system using closed loop feedback from vacuum and air temp sensors. Spec is idle at 1,250.

sorry for the bad news, it's a dealer adjustment I'm guessing with diagnostic computer. I tried.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Take a look at the throttle pedal cable adjustment under the dash and make sure there is no obstruction

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Throttle pedal cable looks good and has just a hair of slack in it. No obstructions, Started it up today and miraculously it fixed itself. Rpm's stayed right at 1250 - 1300 at idol and shifted nice. I'm sure it will rear its ugly head again. This ought to be a lot of fun trying to fix.It was raining pretty good the day it started acting up and there was a lot of water on the mountain roads I rode. Been nice and sunny last 3 days. Not to say that has anything to do with it . But will write that down as a variable. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
161 Posts
you may have got water into a connector plug some where.. I though that Kawi used water tight connectors in there engine bay... but would be worth a look.. maybe as simple as packing some die electric silicone in a connector plug .. this scenario happens to a lot of Polaris snowmobiles because they don't use watertight connectors on there sled.. water gets trapped into a connector causing an electrical ghost and it won't run right.. by the time you get it to the dealer its all dry and runs fine. so guys on there forum just take every connector apart and pack it with die electric silicone grease and problem solved..
one thing to check that someone else had an issue with a krx going through water was the fuel canister plug that lays under rear console shorted cause it picked up water.. die electric silicone grease is your friend on these things..

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have the idle 1800 rpm issue and never have fixed it yet. Or found out why.
Have had an ECU flash, so dealer automatically said was that. Sent ECU back and ECU was set at stock again on rpm.. installed back. Same 1800 rpm issue. So honestly been couple weeks and I haven't worried with it.
I did also start having same issue on a rainy as heck day when this happened. Also I thought may ave got bad gas, and clogged fuel filter. Was going to just deal with all of it once turbo dropped and add that I'm sure all of the components and the fix will happen installing turbo.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Throttle pedal cable looks good and has just a hair of slack in it. No obstructions, Started it up today and miraculously it fixed itself. Rpm's stayed right at 1250 - 1300 at idol and shifted nice. I'm sure it will rear its ugly head again. This ought to be a lot of fun trying to fix.It was raining pretty good the day it started acting up and there was a lot of water on the mountain roads I rode. Been nice and sunny last 3 days. Not to say that has anything to do with it . But will write that down as a variable. Thanks for your help
no issues on my end. Shifting can sometimes be tight at first but quickly loosens. No idle concerns either and I run a lot of deep water

1 - 7 of 7 Posts