Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a MBRP aftermarket exhaust for my KRX in August. A month ago I was running wide open in a sand wash and noticed a different tone from the exhaust. The hanger which is welded to the top of the muffler broke loose and the packing was blowing out.

I called MBRP and they asked for copies of the original invoice and a picture of the problem. They said they would send me a new one, BUT they were backordered 4-6 weeks.

I asked Scott Robertson, the service rep If they would pay to have mine tig welded until the new one was available. He agreed up to $100. I got it welded for $50 bucks.

Instead of reimbursing me I said just send me a couple of hats and shirts. I have my new one now with TWO brackets.(And two hats and shirts)

They're a great company to do business with. I wish others would follow suit.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I bought a MBRP aftermarket exhaust for my KRX in August. A month ago I was running wide open in a sand wash and noticed a different tone from the exhaust. The hanger which is welded to the top of the muffler broke loose and the packing was blowing out.

I called MBRP and they asked for copies of the original invoice and a picture of the problem. They said they would send me a new one, BUT they were backordered 4-6 weeks.

I asked Scott Robertson, the service rep If they would pay to have mine tig welded until the new one was available. He agreed up to $100. I got it welded for $50 bucks.

Instead of reimbursing me I said just send me a couple of hats and shirts. I have my new one now with TWO brackets.(And two hats and shirts)

I didn't think the mbrp exhaust used packing?

·
Registered
115 Posts

I totally agree, I got my KRX exhaust not long after they hit the market. It took a while but I would get an occasional email updating the status of my order. I never asked for that and they never committed to it, just a cool thing for them to do. Little things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.