Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a IPAD 10.5 Pro Wifi - it does not have cellular.
What GPS App do you guys use, or recommend for me? I will also need a mount that connects to the passenger grab handle, any advise on that?

·
Registered
20 Posts
IPADs make for a great GPS device. Without the Cellular chip you won’t have internal GPS though. You’d need to get a Bluetooth GPS receiver - several companies make then. Dual XGPS160 is a pretty good one. For grab handle mounting there’s a few options as well. I just use RAM Mounts on mine. They make a square bar mount that you can connect one of the ball mounts to and build from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
297 Posts
friends of mine all suggest OnX for offroad travels...... you can turn off your phones cellular when your off-road and it will work off the phones gps chip- saves the battery tremendously. we're looking at getting it after the first of the year.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Avenza user here. Was a learning curve for me but like it now. Using free version.
Yep avenza needs no phone coverage. the $19.95 a year well worth it, and a huge library of downloads covers all of US much of Canada and the baja 1000 trails. Lotta utube tutorials on use and helped a lot, tried on-x free trail and maybe the paid for was better just did not work well for me. Gaia good also.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
571 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts

These tablets work really well for GPS navigation. We program and sell them with the orux maps app and BobTs maps loaded on them as well as some trails we have tracked in the tri state (WV KY and VA) area. They have all the Hatfield McCoy trails in WV, Spearhead in VA, and tons of outlaw trails in WV, KY, and VA

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
787 Posts
I use a Samsung A7 lite 8.7" tablet with Gaia gps app. Have it on smart phone and desk top computer. It syncs between devices. You can plan a route on computer and use it on tablet and smart phone. You can record your track.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does it come set up with ontario trails
I don't think it'll come with everything, but at least in Alberta, it's got major ones on it. Comes with all North America installed. Added bonus, it's essentially the same as the zumo xt, so you can use it on a motorcycle as well if you do that. Has road maps installed too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts