Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KRX had been sitting for months. I decided to take it out this past weekend and absolutely make the intent of making it fail as the dealer has stated. If you don’t know what’s going on with my KRX see this thread here.

It’s the hardest I’ve rode it in a long time. I absolutely romped on it and it took it like a champ. I am happy to report that the “noise” isn’t as loud, I don’t know what it is. But it’s still there. I’ve looked everywhere. With a stethoscope, flashlight, moved things around. Nothing.

Maybe if I just keep riding the way I did it will get better.

I did smell a little coolant and diff fluid. Checked for leaks and it was fine. Also checked vent tube on diff and that was dry also. Anyone get that smell while riding?

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
385 Posts
Coolant smell no, diff smell yes. My front diff vent line was shoved up by the top of my driver's side shock mount an I believe the smell was coming right in the cab while driving. I re-routed it along the top bar of the frame below the top of the shock where it points toward the inside fender well area now instead of right into the cab an I don't smell it any longer. It only smelled when I ran really hard, never lost any fluid I just think where it was located I got residual smell from the vent hose

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Coolant smell no, diff smell yes. My front diff vent line was shoved up by the top of my driver's side shock mount an I believe the smell was coming right in the cab while driving. I re-routed it along the top bar of the frame below the top of the shock where it points toward the inside fender well area now instead of right into the cab an I don't smell it any longer. It only smelled when I ran really hard, never lost any fluid I just think where it was located I got residual smell from the vent hose
This is great advice I will take a look at that later. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts