Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Pro UTV Parts KRX
2021 KRX
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Order online or contact Craig for your best deal.

Free shipping with in the lower 48 states.

Available in February 2022

Introducing Armadillo Bag™, flexible, collapsible, lightweight, expedition-ready utility bladders for the safe transport and storage of liquid hydrocarbon products and other powersports and automotive fluids, available in 1-, 2-, 3- and 5-gallon sizes. Includes pour spout.

Armadillo Bag is not a portable fuel container as described by ASTM, EPA, ARB or other state and federal agencies. Armadillo Bag is NOT intended for fuel storage, transport or use as a gas bag in the USA.

SPECIFICATIONS
WEIGHTS
  • 1-gallon Armadillo Bag weighs just 13 oz
  • 2-gallon is 1 lb
  • 3-gallon is 1.25 lbs
  • 5-gallon is 1.5 lbs
DIMENSIONS (flat, filled)
  • 1-gallon = 10″ wide x 16.5″ long x 3” tall
  • 2-gallon = 12″ x 20.5″ x 4”
  • 3-gallon = 13.25″ x 24.5″ x 5”
  • 5-gallon = 15″ x 29.75″ x 6”
DIMENSIONS (rolled, empty)
  • 1-gallon = 2.5” diameter
  • 2-gallon = 3” diameter
  • 3-gallon = 3.5” diameter
  • 5-gallon = 4” diameter
Fitment
Armadillo Bag™ brings the convenience of super rugged, lightweight, collapsible Armadillo Bag™ Expedition-Ready Liquid Power Reservoirs to international overland travelers, off-road racers and powersports enthusiasts across the globe. Armadillo Bags are available in 1-, 2-, 3- and 5-gallon capacities.
Named after the tough desert dwelling armadillo (Spanish for “little armoured one”) that rolls into a ball to defend itself, rugged expedition-ready Armadillo Bags are designed for the safe temporary storage and transport of a broad range of essential automotive and powersports fluids. When empty, Armadillo Bags can be rolled up or packed flat for convenient storage, and they weigh a fraction of rigid plastic and metal containers which remain the same size whether full or empty.
Employing a two-layer construction, Armadillo Bags feature an RF-welded inner bladder contained within and protected by a highly abrasion resistant sewn Cordura® outer sleeve. Webbing and rubber-molded handles provide easy anchors to hang the reservoirs while filling and installing the included pour spout, and to grip the bags while dispensing liquids. Webbing daisy chains run the length of Armadillo Bags to prevent them from sliding out from under tie-down straps. The included plastic pour spout conveniently stows away in a pocket on the outer sleeve.
Each inner reservoir is individually pressurized and tested at the factory, and finished Armadillo Bags are subjected to multi-point random testing and inspections. Although allowed usage depends on local laws, rules and regulations in the countries where Armadillo Bags are being used*, the materials themselves are compatible with hydrocarbon fuels, such as gasoline, diesel, kerosene and jet, as well as coolant, hydrocarbon based lubricants and other automotive and industrial fluids.
Pronghorn Straps Pictured Below (watch video for more info)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Was interested in gen 1 bags as I can't find a suitable place for my various Roto/Fuelpax containers. But price was high. These gen 2 look to be cheaper, perhaps they didn't go for any d.o.t. ratings or something? Might have to get into this soon. And I'm thinking I don't want to hold too much gas at once for weight savings but there will be times I want the full 5 gallons. With these I could buy the 5 gallon and have the ability but only fill with 1-3 gallons which would be what I'd always have with me....

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, RCOR weights, Shock Therapy, CageWRX cage, 31"x10.50-15LT General Grabber X3's
258 Posts
Was interested in gen 1 bags as I can't find a suitable place for my various Roto/Fuelpax containers. But price was high. These gen 2 look to be cheaper, perhaps they didn't go for any d.o.t. ratings or something? Might have to get into this soon. And I'm thinking I don't want to hold too much gas at once for weight savings but there will be times I want the full 5 gallons. With these I could buy the 5 gallon and have the ability but only fill with 1-3 gallons which would be what I'd always have with me....
Read the fine print, these aren't approved for fuel containers.
Armadillo Bag is not a portable fuel container as described by ASTM, EPA, ARB or other state and federal agencies. Armadillo Bag is NOT intended for fuel storage, transport or use as a gas bag in the USA.

Reactions: Bizill

·
Registered
276 Posts
Read the fine print, these aren't approved for fuel containers.
Not "approved" meaning no liability on the manufacturer's part but made to hold exactly that. Follow local laws if need be. I'm VERY interested in this product. I'll own one or two someday soon.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Originally figured on the original behind the passenger seat but price kept me away. With the new pricing I'll be getting one soon. Spent so much already on upgrades, I gotta cool out a bit. But this i consider a safety item. Safe as in I never want to run out of gas.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
733 Posts
In case anyone else was wondering:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts