Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full tank topped off. Set trip meter to zero. At 42 miles in it started flashing. Took about 7-8 gallons to fill up a 10+ gallon tank. Riding tight technical trails at low speed. 35” tires. Just sharing. Everyone says 100 miles per tank. I’m saying it’s different for me.

Sorry for the side ways pic it’s not that way on my phone.

Check out my big funnel.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
590 Posts
I think you burn a lot more fuel in low gear doing technical stuff than in high doing quick stuff. But yeah, those 35’s aren’t doing you any favors either.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was on some fast to med roads this weekend went 85 miles and used 6.0 gallons with 35" tires.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha ha! I made sure it was topped off.

This past weekend I topped off until it spilled out. Went from Crumpler Mountain Resort to Hilltop for breakfast. Then to Fans 2 and Ole Jose’s in Pineville for lunch. It took 0.9 gallons to drip out. This was all in high 2wd and 25-30 mph on mostly flat trails.

From Pineville to Crumpler it was more trails at lower speeds but still 15-25 mph. Way more hills. That evening it took 6.5 gallons to top off. Total odometer reading was 62 miles.

Terrain and riding style matters significantly more with this machine than others I’ve owned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts