Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. New member and new KRX 1000 owner here. Bought a used machine (2021) with 720ish miles on it. Changed the fluids today after purchase and noticed a prominent gas smell in the engine oil. The drained oil felt slightly diluted as well. Is this normal for these? Original owner had service records that show normal service intervals.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey all. New member and new KRX 1000 owner here. Bought a used machine (2021) with 720ish miles on it. Changed the fluids today after purchase and noticed a prominent gas smell in the engine oil. The drained oil felt slightly diluted as well. Is this normal for these? Original owner had service records that show normal service intervals.
Funny you brought this up. I noticed the same thing at my 120 mile service. I noticed the used oil had a smell of gas. I figured it was normal being the piston rings were not fully seated during break in.

·
Registered
177 Posts
At one point I fouled my plugs. From cranking it over a few times with no start, that put fuel in the oil once it got past the rings. I would keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
If you have a california model krx that is part of the system. It routes fumes into the engine to burn off. And if you just started it up and ran it to change the oil, it has a stronger smell.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a California model but I will watch it over the next 100 miles now that I have changed the oil. If it seems to be diluted with gas again then off to the stealership. Thank god for warranty!!

Thanks all for your replies

·
Registered
16 Posts
Running a heavier weight oil helps with dilution as well, won't get as thin if it gets loaded with fuel. Something like a good 10w-40 or 15w-40.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Not a California model but I will watch it over the next 100 miles now that I have changed the oil. If it seems to be diluted with gas again then off to the stealership. Thank god for warranty!!

Thanks all for your replies
Is it running badly?as in blubbering and puking black smoke.fouling the plugs?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts