Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that fall has fell, it's getting cold and wet out.

I'm going from my 1/2 windshield to a full screen.

Derranged is the nicest of the bunch, and most costly too. Sturdy Vents on bottom.

Other mfr units have vents up top.

some are solid with no vents at all.

Which location best suits venting yet doesn't :

Block line of sight, cause wind breeze around face, Inlet of rain and snow.

please discuss pros / cons

krx blue beast (2).jpg

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have one I can sell you new in the box from over armour off road. Has the mr10 hard coating. $200 + shipping never used still has the protective film on it.
7D461B54-CB5E-43E3-8CD8-BB4D25DFFD49.jpeg

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not to highjack your threat. Only reason it wasn’t used was my wife hated how it looked. My friend has one that flips out and up. If I were buying one and was using the krx for more than recreation such as hunting. I think I would want the one that flips up. If I wanted a vented one and all I did was ride. I think I would go with something similar to this.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So once again, vent on the bottom. good or bad?

I'll pass on that windshield even though that's a great deal, thanks. I'm thinking that design will collect mud and dust between the sliding window vent section on that unit.

Guess my question is :

No Vent
Upper Vent
or
Lower Vent.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have one with no Vent just regular full windshield. We stay comfortable enough when the temps don’t get past 75 degrees and in cool weather. Like you we run a half windshield in the summer cause it’s to hot not to.
My friend has one that has no vent but flips up. In low speed riding he flips it out when it’s hot. He also uses his krx hunting. He feel it works well for that.
As for the one I have with the lower vent. I think how it’s designed it wouldn’t work as well as some of the more expensive competition out there.
So far I’ll keep my full one with no vent. If we have a warm day, takes 10 min to switch it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My experience is to get vents on the bottom and get glass. The plastic windshields are a dust magnet and the top vents will swirl dust more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just joined. 21 years on Polaris quads. The last 4 years in a Polaris 2017 Rock and Trails edition. I put 11000 miles on it. I bought the blue base edition krx 1000 today. I fell off the road going a bit fast in my gold machine. Lol. In regards to windshields. Glass number one and bottom vents. Aluminum frame if you can afford it. Weight. The bottom vents move dust out of the cab and you are taking the air in the chest rather than the eyes and head. My car is two weeks out from being done. Lots of parts on order. I’m an Idaho boy that rides snow, mud, rain 100 plus degrees. Down to 20 below zero. More to come and you guys have great info in here. Helped me a bunch in making this decision. Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Rocky Heap. The best deal I found was at Rocky mt atv with wiper for 504.00. I sacrificed some weight( steel frame vs aluminum) for 100 plus dollars. I’ll take the extra pound. Lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an EMP with vent on the bottom and a full back windshield also from EMP. I will say that the vent in front is not at all large enough. Its hot and very VERY dusty in the Michigan sand. Im considering drilling holes in the front windshield at the TOP to get more air through. Maybe even a few in the back. My thinking is more air at top and bottom will help. EMP makes a good product, it's just not the right one for me and the riding conditions I have up here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have full glass emp with the small vents at the bottom. Just found that Tusk makes one that has a larger vent on the bottom. But the big advantage is that it flips down. This is like my Ryfab on rzr that I love. Only wish Ryfab would get off their arse and make one. Looks like I'll b buying the Tusk.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the full glass Kawasaki windshield. It is a quality built windshield.
I only put it on for colder climate riding.
You can take it off in 30 seconds if you don’t need it.
I will never buy plastic windshields anymore, they always scratch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
An update on the Tusk windshield with lower vent. My previous machine was equipped with the ryfab, which was an amazing product. This tusk is built well but it has a huge drawback. The lower vent is not big enough to break the cab vaccum. In dusty conditions it's a choker. I'll sell this one and purchase a ryfab when they start offering one.

·
Registered
2020 Krx 1000
58 Posts
I have the plastic one from super atv. Easy to put on/off, doesn’t have a frame around the edges like a lot of them do, (creates a blind spot) and I just use cheap clear tint on it to keep it from scratching. Just peel off the tint when it gets beat up, and put down new tint. No vents on mine, as I only use it during the colder times. I have tear-off’s on my goggles for summer ridding without the windshield. (Very dusty here in AZ)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts