Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

Fueling the KRX

7K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Jraoffroad 
#1 ·
Got tired of wrestling 5 gallon gas cans to fuel up. I looked into the large 12v fuel stations to put in the trailer, but are very expensive and only hold about 15 gallons. I don't have a toy hauler with fuel station built in. I usually take about 20-25 gallons for the long weekends boondocking away from any gas stations.

I found this handy little transfer pump that does a great job fueling up. It moves more fuel than trying to hold the can with the gravity fill.

The three AA batteries last for quite a few fill ups. It is so light, you could take it with on the trail.

#3 ·
Got tired of wrestling 5 gallon gas cans to fuel up. I looked into the large 12v fuel stations to put in the trailer, but are very expensive and only hold about 15 gallons. I don't have a toy hauler with fuel station built in. I usually take about 20-25 gallons for the long weekends boondocking away from any gas stations.

I found this handy little transfer pump that does a great job fueling up. It moves more fuel than trying to hold the can with the gravity fill.

The three AA batteries last for quite a few fill ups. It is so light, you could take it with on the trail.

I found mine at Walmart for $9. With the new nozzles on gas cans it’s a real pain in the ass trying to pour in. With this, im able to drain and fill a 5 gallon tank with a couple minutes.

#9 ·
Well I do want the pump now!

Here's my solution for emptying a can and dealing with the safety nozzles. I put a 3-foot piece of clear tubing on the funnel. Stick that in the tank. I drilled a hole in the funnel and keep a piece of wire through it to tie the funnel so it hangs in position to pour the fuel in. If the fuel container has a safety nozzle, just remove it and pour the damn gas in. NO BATTERIES!

Reactions: BobX2
#15 ·

I use the same thing just cheaper.

battery-operated-liquid-transfer-pump-63847.html

#19 ·
I'm still looking for a good solution. I have bought and installed the little yellow vent caps they sell on ebay and some of the vented spouts actually work ok when the can is vented. I guess the vp cans will be my next purchase they just seem to tall to me to fit in the back of my truck with the cover on. Thanks u.s. government for keeping us safe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.