Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're heading to Farmington NM tomorrow with our eS KRX . I'm thinking this would be a good time to try the eS with the front sway bar disconnected. Can I just remove one link or do I have to remove both of them? If I remove both of them what do I tie them up to? Thanks guys, I'll be sure to post how it worked for us when we get back home. Oh, I forgot to say we will mostly be riding the trails and crawling.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,067 Posts
You can remove just one link if you want to. I would remove both just because you will never want it hooked back up again after you ride without it. :) I just used a couple of zip ties on the passenger side and hold the bar up out of the way.

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
284 Posts
It's okay to remove just the one side to try out, but it will rub the shock spring with full extension.

I removed my front bar completely, running the rear fully disconnected.

Don't see any reason going back.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,067 Posts
It's okay to remove just the one side to try out, but it will rub the shock spring with full extension.

I removed my front bar completely, running the rear fully disconnected.

Don't see any reason going back.
If I ever remove my front bumper for some reason I will completely remove the bar. As is, I can't get the grill out to get to the mounting brackets. :cautious:

·
Registered
2021 KRX1000
166 Posts
It’s pretty simple pull out the grille and a couple pieces of plastic in front of the radiator. 2 bolts on each bracket that holds the sway bar. It’ll slide right out.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
448 Posts
I removed mine without taking any plastics off. It took a little wiggling and turning it just right but it came out. I actually put it back in because we do a bit of road riding from time to time. It never hurt anything being zip tied up and out of the way.

·
Registered
2021 KRX1000
166 Posts
I removed mine without taking any plastics off. It took a little wiggling and turning it just right but it came out. I actually put it back in because we do a bit of road riding from time to time. It never hurt anything being zip tied up and out of the way.
I do remember thinking I didn’t have to do all I did to get it out. With it out she’s definitely not a high speed road ride at all lol

·
Registered
2021 KRX1000
166 Posts
I do not, but like snuff said I trail ride and crawl and according to another thread we have I’m the slowest around lol.
Anyone have any experience running with no rear sway bar? Considering unhooking it too for maximum articulation.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,067 Posts
I do not, but like snuff said I trail ride and crawl and according to another thread we have I’m the slowest around lol.
Anyone have any experience running with no rear sway bar? Considering unhooking it too for maximum articulation.
I have thought about removing mine, but it really doesn't seem to affect the rear articulation all that much. It is connected so far forward on the trailing arm that there is a ton of leverage on it from the rear wheels. I'm sure it would make some difference, but not sure if it would be much.

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
284 Posts
Give it a try, just remove one side. You will notice when cruising rocky trails. A lot less side to side jolting. Makes rock crawling better. Just won't be able to go as fast in some of the corners.

With the stock tires, I had both bars disconnected and loved it. Was hanging with my buddies on the high speed stuff. But after I went to 35" tires, it became too much to handle in the corners. I wish there was a quick disconnect setup like the Jeeps have, that would be awesome. I was thinking of making some quick disconnect links, but that is a little bit of a chore to do during a ride.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts