Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've seen pics of a few machines that the upper shock mount failed. Not sure if this was because of a crash or maybe shock mount bolts loose and damaged the mount. Either way it seems like good insurance so I installed them on my machine as well as an A arm gusset kit.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,356 Posts
I think it all depends on a person’s style of riding. If you’re beating the sh!t out of your machine, then it’s a extra layer of protection. If you’re a trail rider and go easy, then no.

The most important thing to remember is maintenance. You should be going through your machine regularly (especially after a tuff ride) and re-torquing important bolts.

·
Registered
2021 Blue
164 Posts
Full Access UTV.com is marketing a front shock mount brace as a must have for any KRX owner. Is anyone having issues with the top, front shock mount failing? Thoughts?
Quoted post (10450) has 8 pages of comments on this product.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just bought this because I heard it is a must. Is it really a must buy item or is it a money maker for the company?
I got the one from Full Access UTV, very well designed part, I did the full package, front and back Shock towers, A arm brackets. FAUtv design and laser the parts in the USA. Get the gear case skid plate very important protection.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got his tranny skid plate above the Tusk ABS, top shock braces front and back and front A-arm braces upper and lower. None of these breaks the bank.

View attachment 8575
Jake the owner of Full Access UTV cost me $30k. Gave me a ride in his KRX and explained to me why it was the right SxS. Sold the Polaris and never regret it…..even wife agrees I made a good decision.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I think it all depends on a person’s style of riding. If you’re beating the sh!t out of your machine, then it’s a extra layer of protection. If you’re a trail rider and go easy, then no.

The most important thing to remember is maintenance. You should be going through your machine regularly (especially after a tuff ride) and re-torquing important bolts.
This. For myself I don't go balls to the wall but even a tiny bunny hop jump might pose an issue. With my AllThingz tenders I find I top out a whole lot more than before, and that's sitting at proper ride height. And when they top out you know it. I can see wallowing out or movement of thru bolts occuring if this keeps up. It'd be cheap insurance to add some rigidity to potential weak points. Some will say you don't need to do anything to beef things up. It's all a choice we have to personally make in the end, just like wearing seat belts. Wear none at all, wear factory 3 points, or move up to click 6 or aftermarket 4-5 point belts.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Got his tranny skid plate above the Tusk ABS, top shock braces front and back and front A-arm braces upper and lower. None of these breaks the bank.

View attachment 8575
Where are all of the reports of these things failing? Out of a couple thousand members here I've yet to read of one occurance.

...just bustin' your balls as you bust on mine. I plan to do all the upgrades as well. But as time and money permits as I've got other upgrades planned as well that take precedence. I REALLY like the idea of sandwiching the plate between the UHMW Tusk skid and the factory plate.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,356 Posts
This. For myself I don't go balls to the wall but even a tiny bunny hop jump might pose an issue. With my AllThingz tenders I find I top out a whole lot more than before, and that's sitting at proper ride height. And when they top out you know it. I can see wallowing out or movement of thru bolts occuring if this keeps up. It'd be cheap insurance to add some rigidity to potential weak points. Some will say you don't need to do anything to beef things up. It's all a choice we have to personally make in the end, just like wearing seat belts. Wear none at all, wear factory 3 points, or move up to click 6 or aftermarket 4-5 point belts.
I will say that I noticed a very slight oval starting to develop in the front shock tower, and I by no means beat on my machine. I do however ride a lot of high speed desert trails and sometimes there are whoops and or small table top jumps. I went ahead and purchased the brace as an added protection and piece of mind.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I will say that I noticed a very slight oval starting to develop in the front shock tower, and I by no means beat on my machine. I do however ride a lot of high speed desert trails and sometimes there are whoops and or small table top jumps. I went ahead and purchased the brace as an added protection and piece of mind.
Eventually I'll have all these beefed up points and front limit straps as well. Had them on the RZR and they were a godsend. Everyone and their mother preaches about how much better the ride is in a KRX but for me the way I had mine built it, the KRX (eS) is merely a sidestep. Though I do love the KRX so much more.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts