Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else besides AJ’s has a good set of front only fender flares? Unfortunately AJ’s will only sell a complete set, and I only need the fronts.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000, 2016 Wildcat Sport, 2022 Ram 3500 Mega Cab and 2016 XLR305V12 toy hauler
76 Posts
Who else besides AJ’s has a good set of front only fender flares? Unfortunately AJ’s will only sell a complete set, and I only need the fronts.
We got our fronts only from JBS Performance.

·
Registered
2021 Blue
183 Posts
MudBusters sells front only in 5 different coverage options.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We got our fronts only from JBS Performance.
Can you give me a front end shot of them inst
Which size did you get, and some pics would be great.

I’m looking for something that doesn’t stick out to to far in the front so I can still view my tires for rock placement. I don’t encounter a lot of mud here in AZ, but mainly want something that protects from gravel being tossed up by the front tires, as well as water and mud when we do come across some.

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
834 Posts
Rob I have jbs fronts. Here is a few pics with my 32's on stock rims.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Blue
183 Posts
I got the SuperMax, mostly because they are the same price of the Max. I'd love to include some pix, but they aren't here yet. The MudBusters website has several actual and silhouette photos for each model. For less coverage and tire visibility, maybe one of the Lite versions would work for your situation?

Reactions: BigParm

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
834 Posts
I have no problems seeing my front tire when rock crawling with my 35's on the tusk wheels, but I'm a tad wider than stock around 70" with those. But me personally, when I run my 32's on stock wheels I wish I could see the tire a little better. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, RCOR weights, Shock Therapy, CageWRX cage, 31"x10.50-15LT General Grabber X3's
269 Posts
JBS Performance

·
Registered
629 Posts
I had the rokbloks but weren't wide enough for 35 zilla and a 1" wheel spacer. The little V cutout I guess was so u could see your tire but it threw water threw it. Nice quality and mounting brackets. Almost take the whole fender off instead of the flare if u hit something. Running the widest mudbuster now. They do great but looks like wings fixing to take flight. They do have multiple sizes and will sell just 1 for replacement if u damage one. Mounting is just screws in plastic which is good and bad.

·
Registered
58 Posts
There are 2 youtube videos (one for front & one for rear) where ya can fab your own.
Guy does a great job 'splaining it.
Took 1 1/2 hours to cut, drill & fit.
To fab: 2 front (7.5" wide, gave 4+ " beyond well)
2 rear (4" @ fwd end to 10" wide aft end, about 4" to 8" additional coverage
-one sheet of ABS 1/8" thick textured plastic (24"x48") got mine from SIBE Plastic Supply.
pro tip: buy two sheets & save templates for your replacements...
-jig saw
-heat gun
-drill (8mm)
-bag of 8mm push pins (120 w/ tool for $12 on Amazon)
I ended front units hard plastic @ tree slider height and pinned on a piece of soft rubber (old truck flaps) that would fold easy on contact.
Rear aft end flap supported with a 4"x1" of remaining ABS bent to a 90+ degree & pinned.
Didn't bother with V cut out on front, kinda know where the tire is already.
After cleaning mud away, will run a bead of silicon along joint to make cleaning easier.

3 rainy days @ HMT & I stayed 85% cleaner than son on similar machine with out flaps.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I tried ABS on my pioneer and cracked too easy, we rub a lot of trees. Conveyor belt works great if not to wide for DIY. The biggest help for all flares mainly if u run in rocks is a running board flare. Put a ruler at the rear of your front tire up to where the flare stops and it shows the mud spray.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000, 2016 Wildcat Sport, 2022 Ram 3500 Mega Cab and 2016 XLR305V12 toy hauler
76 Posts
Can you give me a front end shot of them inst

Which size did you get, and some pics would be great.

I’m looking for something that doesn’t stick out to to far in the front so I can still view my tires for rock placement. I don’t encounter a lot of mud here in AZ, but mainly want something that protects from gravel being tossed up by the front tires, as well as water and mud when we do come across some.
Not the best picture (We're loaded for a weekend trip) but hopefully you can see what you need.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So after looking at stuff online and from the pics you guys posted (thank you), it looks like the JBS ones are to wide for me. ☹ The ones from mud busters are nice, but they want $169 bucks for just the fronts! 🤬 For $30 bucks more I can have the complete set from AJ,s even though I only want the fronts. Decisions decisions.
@BobX2 How wide are the ones from AJ’s at the very top (even with the hood) where they stick out past the OEM fender flares?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,445 Posts
So after looking at stuff online and from the pics you guys posted (thank you), it looks like the JBS ones are to wide for me. ☹ The ones from mud busters are nice, but they want $169 bucks for just the fronts! 🤬 For $30 bucks more I can have the complete set from AJ,s even though I only want the fronts. Decisions decisions.
@BobX2 How wide are the ones from AJ’s at the very top (even with the hood) where they stick out past the OEM fender flares?
I will have to get back to you on that. I've never measured any part of the flares.
I'm surprised AJ won't sell you just the fronts. When I bought mine I told him I really didn't want to spend the money on a whole set since I wouldn't use the rears. He told me he would sell just the fronts if that was all I wanted. Did you speak directly to AJ? If not, you need to. That just doesn't sound like him from the two times I have spoken to him and bought his products.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.