Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Are you sure the front drain plug is 92066-0744 and not 92066-0778? 0744 looks like the fill plug. I ordered both because I wasn't sure.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I learned this trick on my polaris's. Clean out the socket with a pick and then tap the allen wrench or socket until it seats solid into the bottom. The apply the force to turn it. Seems to work well.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's essentially what I did. The dealer isn't very helpful. Thanks for your help.

So, is the front diff drain plug magnetic ? I haven't taken it out yet to confirm because it's strip and I wanted a replacement before I take it out.

Does anyone make any aftermarket front differential plug that are magnetic and hex head vs Allen? So I don't run into this problem again.
[/QUOTEits stripped before u toke it out?]

·
Registered
165 Posts

The front has a magnet in the drain plug. The rear transmission drain doesn’t have a magnet, neither does the engine oil plug. But there is a magnet plug in the side of the engine that collects metal when the system is pressurized. But RCOR sells the 2 rear plugs with a magnet installed. And they use a bolt head on the transmission plug, like the factory oil drain plug uses. Not the Allen wrench like factory. My rear transmission plug was stripped from the factory too. They didn’t insert the Allen wrench in all the way to tighten the plug. I ordered the RCOR plugs for like $32 shipped. Just for easy changing in the future.

·
Registered
2014 T2 SE, 2021 KRX 1000 TE
6 Posts
As far as model types, the standard base model is A, The Trail Edition is B, and the Special Edition with the factory stereo is C.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts