1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm new to the forums.

I have a 2021 KRX1000 Trail edition.

I stripped the front driveshaft drain plug while doing the first service.

Does anyone know what the replace part number is ?

My dealer gave me 92066-0943. They also said it was the same as the rear. Though, I've heard the front has a magnetic tip on it. Is this true ?

I've also heard Kawasaki has put in different drain plugs depending on when your KRX1000 was manufactured.

Any help or suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it.

Brian

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
849 Posts
Head over to Rocky Mountain atv and use the OEM parts finder selection. You’ll need your full model number to find the correct parts.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
849 Posts
On the plate behind the passenger seat mounted on the firewall. Also, it should be on the paperwork from your dealer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi there,

I'm new to the forums.

My dealer gave me 92066-0943. They also said it was the same as the rear. Though, I've heard the front has a magnetic tip on it. Is this true ?

I've also heard Kawasaki has put in different drain plugs depending on when your KRX1000 was manufactured.

Brian

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
849 Posts
It doesn't say specifically which one it is. Just lists the different model numbers unless I'm missing it.
Your model number is on the plate. Follow the line over to the right. (I can’t make it out due to the picture uploading software)

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
849 Posts
That is strange. You’ll have to do a little cross referencing on the inner webs via your vin to find the right parts. Worse case, just order 2 different ones (if there is) and return the one that doesn’t fit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's essentially what I did. The dealer isn't very helpful. Thanks for your help.

So, is the front diff drain plug magnetic ? I haven't taken it out yet to confirm because it's strip and I wanted a replacement before I take it out.

Does anyone make any aftermarket front differential plug that are magnetic and hex head vs Allen? So I don't run into this problem again.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
686 Posts
Hi there,

I'm new to the forums.

Brian
Part number you want is 92066-0744. You also need the rubber seal ring which is a 92055-0830. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts