Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, RCOR weights, Shock Therapy, CageWRX cage, 31"x10.50-15LT General Grabber X3's
259 Posts
I have a Schlage deadbolt on my front door. It locks and unlocks just fine.

Reactions: Atcdan13

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
735 Posts
Turning the steering wheel a little each way while moving helps. Not much turn, just a little to assist. And I always (try to) engage it before I need it.

Reactions: BobX2

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
393 Posts
Is anyone having an issue getting their front diff to lock?
Is the light icon just not coming on? Reason I ask is I have had the light be "lazy". Meaning visually I know mine has been in diff lock an the little light icon not be on yet. It always comes on but seems sometimes its delayed.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,565 Posts
Is the light icon just not coming on? Reason I ask is I have had the light be "lazy". Meaning visually I know mine has been in diff lock an the little light icon not be on yet. It always comes on but seems sometimes its delayed.
My light stopped working on regular 4wd but does turn red when on lock. The 4wd still works on both modes though

·
Registered
318 Posts
Is anyone having an issue getting their front diff to lock?
Do you have it in low and are you fully stopped when you engage it? Mine hasnt been a problem. Did you check your fluid level? Are your tires fully inflated and are they stock size or at least the same diameter. I've had problems on my truck when one of the tires is low getting it to lock. Maybe a speed sensor but your stopped when you put it in gear so that shouldnt be it.

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
393 Posts
My light stopped working on regular 4wd but does turn red when on lock. The 4wd still works on both modes though
[/QUOTE
My bad, I said light but what i meant was the little diff lock icon that comes up on the speedometer display. Sometimes atleast on mine, that little icon is slow to show up

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sometimes it’s takes a few tries for me. But now i try to engage the 4x4 and diff lock every time I take a ride. Just to keep everything working right. I do notice a delay in activation sometimes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No it's taking a while to lock. I can feel it in the steering when it locks

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
393 Posts
Well I believe there are sensors I ain't sure where tho, that won't let it lock untill things are "lined up" but it might be an actuator issue. If it's still under warranty then I would let the dealer fix it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I believe there are sensors I ain't sure where tho, that won't let it lock untill things are "lined up" but it might be an actuator issue. If it's still under warranty then I would let the dealer fix it.
I believe its an alignment issue it will be going to the dealer

·
Registered
318 Posts
I am still confused if we are talking about when you put it in 4WD or when you put it in LOW. Low is instant. 4WD you need to take any tension off the drivetrain before it will go in. This is the same on all 4WD vehicles. If one of your tires is low or smaller on my truck it wont go in. So I would say it is a speed sensor if your having issues. When I let off the gas slightly it goes in or out of 4WD in a few seconds or less. Same on all my 4WD vehicles.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I am still confused if we are talking about when you put it in 4WD or when you put it in LOW. Low is instant. 4WD you need to take any tension off the drivetrain before it will go in. This is the same on all 4WD vehicles. If one of your tires is low or smaller on my truck it wont go in. So I would say it is a speed sensor if your having issues. When I let off the gas slightly it goes in or out of 4WD in a few seconds or less. Same on all my 4WD vehicles.
Low lock I mean

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, RCOR weights, Shock Therapy, CageWRX cage, 31"x10.50-15LT General Grabber X3's
259 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Are you turning the knob to the center position in 4WD or to the full RIGHT position in LOCK when you have the problem? LOCK requires the transmission in LOW and the vehicle at a full stop. Standard 4WD (center position), you can shift anytime but it wont engage or disengage until you take the driveline force out of the drivetrain (let off the gas)

·
Registered
318 Posts
in a truck/Jeepthey call that Low/Lock for slang. Lock locks up the front wheels so power goes to them in extreme climbing. But it should NOT be used for high speeds. (assuming you know that already but just adding it)

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
393 Posts
4 wd an diff lock are controlled separately by an actuator. Diff lock "locks" both front wheels to pull together. True 4 wd if u will, Not all 4 wd vehicles have diff lock option. John boy is talking about the diff lock

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
393 Posts
Are you turning the knob to the center position in 4WD or to the full RIGHT position in LOCK when you have the problem? LOCK requires the transmission in LOW and the vehicle at a full stop. Standard 4WD (center position), you can shift anytime but it wont engage or disengage until you take the driveline force out of the drivetrain (let off the gas)
And the transmission does not have to be in low to enguaged diff lock

1 - 20 of 24 Posts