Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Please post up some pics of those mounts and harnesses when you get them in. Those are the same ones I've been thinking about getting.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please post up some pics of those mounts and harnesses when you get them in. Those are the same ones I've been thinking about getting.

Hopefully tomorrow. SPRINGS are installed,but still have t tweak the fronts than it's harness time.

·
Registered
106 Posts

i'm running the Dragonfire harness's and mounts..... the mounts are very well made and work well, the harness's are very good, my only complaint on them is that where they sewed the velcro on the lap belt part that holds the retaining clasp isn't in the best spot, but works fine. they install fairly easy if you remove the seats.

so i run them in both of our UTV's, the other being a Yamaha Wolverine.... and i wish in the KRX i could do the same setup i have in the Wolverine... that being i was able to leave in the stock retractable seatbelts along with installing the 4 point harness's from Dragonfire. sometimes it's nice to be able to just get in and go if you're going low speed with the stock belts and have more freedom of movement. but in the KRX the stock belts must be removed to install the 4 point belts.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm running the Dragonfire harness's and mounts..... the mounts are very well made and work well, the harness's are very good, my only complaint on them is that where they sewed the velcro on the lap belt part that holds the retaining clasp isn't in the best spot, but works fine. they install fairly easy if you remove the seats.

so i run them in both of our UTV's, the other being a Yamaha Wolverine.... and i wish in the KRX i could do the same setup i have in the Wolverine... that being i was able to leave in the stock retractable seatbelts along with installing the 4 point harness's from Dragonfire. sometimes it's nice to be able to just get in and go if you're going low speed with the stock belts and have more freedom of movement. but in the KRX the stock belts must be removed to install the 4 point belts.
Thanks for the feedback. I found this Dragonfire install video if anyone is interested

I would have preferred a harness cross bar but don't want to sacrifice rear seat clearance. The Dragon Fire mount looks well engineered. Had the harness conversation with the wife and she is on board. She had a harness set up in her old prerunner truck and knows the drill. Knowing her driving style (ex PD, drive it like its stolen), and the fact that she wants more KRX seat time, it's time. LOL....I made the mistake of showing her some seats.....KRX, you expensive :cool:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So the spring changeout went pretty much as planned. Both fronts and rears on and off several times for adjustments. Fortunately, my son and grand daughter stopped by at the end of the process to add passenger weight and drive it a bit to level the settings. I guess the leveling is a compromise. I had #100 of bar bells that I shifted to various positions along with different passengers to try to best guess a universal setting for our riding conditions. At the moment I'm riding 1" high in the rear empty and 3/4hi" in the front empty. Full load (which is only for pretty chill long trips is a little low and one rider and some stuff in the rear is about right. Naturally when I got done this afternoon it immediately started to rain so ride comments are pending.

Picture before settling for those that don't read to tell me I did it wrong.

The Dragonfire harness kit was pretty much as advertised. Excellent instructions, appropriate hardware, super close to firewall mounting and everything fit perfectly. I used loctite blue on the bulkhead mounts instead of the lockwashers as I felt the attachment bolts were a little on the short side. A 1-1/8" hole saw worked fine instead of the recommended 1". It's a few hour max lazy afternoon install.

The 50 cal harnesses are....well harnesses. Their nice, glad I'm trying the 2" as the three seemed really wide. If I don't like the 2" ones they'll go into the Pioneer. Also put in a set of All Access UTV front risers to push the seat back and up an inch. Sitting in the KRXit seems to be a lot higher. Definate gets you closer to the firewall tho. We shall see now that the rain has quit. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts