Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone on your door panel on the passenger side if you cut the plastic strap out you can fit a 2.5lb fire extinguisher.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
220 Posts
I've heard of folks doing that, but I think I prefer mine to be secured in place, just in case of a roll over. Wouldn't want that flying around in the cab.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard of folks doing that, but I think I prefer mine to be secured in place, just in case of a roll over. Wouldn't want that flying around in the cab.

View attachment 376
I totally get that. We carry 2 just in case the unknown happens. As far as it coming out it would take a vary fast roll over like a kart wheel style. I think for a lot of krx owners it is perfect for cruising around and crawling but out at full speed everything needs to be tied down. Do you like the quick pull mounts better.

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
247 Posts
I took a Dremel and cut mine out too. I had to shave down the lip on the door to get it to fit all the way down. Be careful as the plastic is super thin I accidentally broke through the plastic. Tiny pinhole but barely can notice on the other side

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a Kidde 2 lb and it's the same diameter as the 2.5 lb one. What's the model number? Mine has a gauge on it and a metal nozzle, that one looks like it's all plastic without a gauge.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here's how mine looked after the resection...
I cut in straight about a 1/8" in on the top and bottom of that strap then cut straight across the notches up through the strap. Never even came close to cutting through the door this way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts