Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

Force turbo exhaust

4K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  BigParm 
#1 ·
Does anyone run a force turbo exhaust? Thinking about buying one

#3 ·
450 bucks? 👌! There is nothing special about these exhausts.. you have a straight through muffler... You could buy one same size at summit racing for 50 to 75 bucks...take it to an exhaust shop and have them cut of the header flange and weld it to the new muffler...weld on some hangers or mounting brackets and you're like 150 and done. These folks are really gouging the consumer and people are stupid enough to get caught up in it. Makes no sense to me.

#4 · (Edited)
Supertramp, Agree and that's why I did this. Have about $45 in it and a few hrs of fab. I made a dxf file of the flange and had one of my guys cut it on a cnc. This pipe is 17lbs lighter than the stock. Since I took this pic, I made a little L shaped bracket and installed the stock spark arrestor. Fits perfect. So it's not polished chrome...I happen to like the flat black and it blends in nicely with the other colors. This pipe is just slightly louder than stock and seems a bit lower in tone to me.

Attachments

#14 ·
I welded a little L bracket on it then tapped a 6mm hole and bolted the stock arrestor in. Fit great. I'll post a pic in a day or so. Spark arrestor makes it slightly quieter. At about 2' away facing the exhaust opening it's 78.5 db. Close to stock in noise but 17lbs lighter and blends in with the machine and not the size of a suitcase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.