Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
849 Posts
They just came out, not sure many people have one yet. I know the boys over at right coast off-road have a video on YouTube doing a sound clip of it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
450 bucks? 👌! There is nothing special about these exhausts.. you have a straight through muffler... You could buy one same size at summit racing for 50 to 75 bucks...take it to an exhaust shop and have them cut of the header flange and weld it to the new muffler...weld on some hangers or mounting brackets and you're like 150 and done. These folks are really gouging the consumer and people are stupid enough to get caught up in it. Makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
130 Posts
450 bucks? 👌! There is nothing special about these exhausts.. you have a straight through muffler... You could buy one same size at summit racing for 50 to 75 bucks...take it to an exhaust shop and have them cut of the header flange and weld it to the new muffler...weld on some hangers or mounting brackets and you're like 150 and done. These folks are really gouging the consumer and people are stupid enough to get caught up in it. Makes no sense to me.
Supertramp, Agree and that's why I did this. Have about $45 in it and a few hrs of fab. I made a dxf file of the flange and had one of my guys cut it on a cnc. This pipe is 17lbs lighter than the stock. Since I took this pic, I made a little L shaped bracket and installed the stock spark arrestor. Fits perfect. So it's not polished chrome...I happen to like the flat black and it blends in nicely with the other colors. This pipe is just slightly louder than stock and seems a bit lower in tone to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Supertramp, Agree and that's why I did this. Have about $45 in it and a few hrs of fab. I made a dxf file of the flange and had one of my guys cut it on a cnc. This pipe is 17lbs lighter than the stock. Since I took this pic, I made a little L shaped bracket and installed the stock spark arrestor. Fits perfect. So it's not polished chrome...I happen to like the flat black and it blends in nicely with the other colors. This pipe is just slightly louder than stock and seems a bit lower in tone to me.
There it is! Only thing I would have done differently is flipped it the other way...had the center tube attach to the header. There are so many different style mufflers it really is endless.

·
Registered
130 Posts
There it is! Only thing I would have done differently is flipped it the other way...had the center tube attach to the header. There are so many different style mufflers it really is endless.
I thought about that and landed this way for a little more clearance. It would certainly work either way. The muffler is a Dynamax 17615. 2.5" on both ends. It's a turbo muffler and not a chambered muffler. I have a sound clip but can't get it to load for some reason. For the hanger, I used a piece of solid steel rod, heated and bent in an "L" shape and tacked while on the machine then took it back off to finish the weld. (It's on the bottom and hard to see) For an 8lb muffler I thought one hanger is enough. If not I can easily add another. If you ever need the dxf for the flange let me know.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I thought about that and landed this way for a little more clearance. It would certainly work either way. The muffler is a Dynamax 17615. 2.5" on both ends. It's a turbo muffler and not a chambered muffler. I have a sound clip but can't get it to load for some reason. For the hanger, I used a piece of solid steel rod, heated and bent in an "L" shape and tacked while on the machine then took it back off to finish the weld. (It's on the bottom and hard to see) For an 8lb muffler I thought one hanger is enough. If not I can easily add another. If you ever need the dxf for the flange let me know.
I just zoomed in on your picture and can see the bracket.... Looks good and I bet it sounds just like all the other ones advertised for 450.. I just seen on market place (girl friends facebook) some guy is doing what you just did and trying to sell them for 400....smh. For sure on the DXF file...send it over! My buddy runs a machine shop and good whip me one out real quick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts