Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Nice!! Unfortunately I don鈥檛 have a welder. 馃槱
Brute is suppose to be coming out with a kit.

But I would suggest this... it鈥檚 not what I use in my shop but it鈥檚 a great starter and trail welder. I bought it for trips and the just in case! We鈥檝e used them several
times on rides... in fact Chaka鈥檚 saved him this last Moab trip!

Registered
LOL, got a shop with several of welders, plasma cutters etc. I'm not allowed to use them because I suck. On the other hand I can grind real good ;) . On a good day I might to get to tack a fitting for a real welder to finish up. A very cool idea though.

Premium Member
2020 KRX

But I would suggest this... it鈥檚 not what I use in my shop but it鈥檚 a great starter and trail welder. I bought it for trips and the just in case! We鈥檝e used them several
It鈥檚 funny you brought that welder up, I鈥檝e been eyeing that thing every time I go to harbor freight. I鈥檓 sure I can get in lots of trouble with that thing!!

On a good day I might to get to tack a fitting for a real welder to finish up.
Oh, so you鈥檙e a 鈥渇luffer鈥 for welders eh?
馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
It鈥檚 funny you brought that welder up, I鈥檝e been eyeing that thing every time I go to harbor freight. I鈥檓 sure I can get in lots of trouble with that thing!!

馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ
Buy it... I think I gave 150ish for it on one of their sales. It鈥檚 a very good welder for the hand full of odd ball jobs like this and it鈥檚 small and light for packing.

Registered
When you the owner you have to be shameless and do what it takes to deliver product on time no matter what. 馃槩 Those days are past....and I kind of miss them. I did "fix" my sons trailer ramp the other day with a cheap MIG we have. Only used 3# wire and 6 grinding wheels! The paint, lots of paint, made it look kind of good.

Premium Member
2020 KRX
When you the owner you have to be shameless and do what it takes to deliver product on time no matter what. 馃槩 Those days are past....and I kind of miss them. I did "fix" my sons trailer ramp the other day with a cheap MIG we have. Only used 3# wire and 6 grinding wheels! The paint, lots of paint, made it look kind of good.
I鈥檓 just bustin ya chops. No ill intention on my end. Just couldn鈥檛 pass up the joke opportunity.

Registered
I鈥檓 just bustin ya chops. No ill intention on my end. Just couldn鈥檛 pass up the joke opportunity.
Damn, I wasn't going to sleep tonight I was so upset! :ROFLMAO:

Our pipe welder is my son's brother inlaw who is one of those lucky guys that considers a 9 gal a throwaway cuz he has so many 10s after him. He changes 10s like he changes socks. His only problem is he has a Polaris General, but even a welder cant be 100%.......even tho they think they are. 馃槒

Registered
I'm planning on doing this over the winter myself. I'm going to see what Brute put's out but they look to raise the seat an 1" or so and I'm not sure I'd like that. It also looks like they are going to the latch in the rear. I was planning on either two plates, seat and frame, or maybe angle on the frame that the plate drops into and a trailer gate latch.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
I'm planning on doing this over the winter myself. I'm going to see what Brute put's out but they look to raise the seat an 1" or so and I'm not sure I'd like that. It also looks like they are going to the latch in the rear. I was planning on either two plates, seat and frame, or maybe angle on the frame that the plate drops into and a trailer gate latch.
Yeah.. I didn鈥檛 like the rear latch either. This was easy and I鈥檝e got less than $30 in both seats.

Premium Member

Yep, in fact it has saved a few people from their trips getting cut short. Cool thing is it stores in a rigid toolbox along with gloves, cutoff tool and die grinder. Just carry extension cord and welding helmet in addition.

Premium Member
2020 KRX
Damn, I wasn't going to sleep tonight I was so upset! :ROFLMAO:
I salute you for your understanding. 馃枙馃ぃ馃ぃ
Brute just put them on the website. Not available until after Christmas. Almost 400 bucks though. Looks to be well built.

For $400 bucks, it better come with a Redhead holding a frosty beverage and a deep desire to become an American!!
Just carry extension cord and welding helmet in addition.
And what tree are you plugging all this into??

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
I salute you for your understanding. 馃枙馃ぃ馃ぃ

For $400 bucks, it better come with a Redhead holding a frosty beverage and a deep desire to become an American!!

And what tree are you plugging all this into??
Two options... you either limp back to camp or you haul the 3500watt genny out to the scene

Registered
We run our small Miller tig with a Harbor freight Predator. 3500 Watt Super Quiet Inverter Generator

We bought a couple around the first of this year as truck generators they've been OK. About 150ish# definately not UTV material but a truck its GTG. It runs a 2hp compressor without even breathing hard at 9000' Aint going to do much over 3/8" and thats pushing it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
We run our small Miller tig with a Harbor freight Predator. 3500 Watt Super Quiet Inverter Generator

We bought a couple around the first of this year as truck generators they've been OK. About 150ish# definately not UTV material but a truck its GTG. It runs a 2hp compressor without even breathing hard at 9000' Aint going to do much over 3/8" and thats pushing it.
That鈥檚 what I use for my enclosed... you don鈥檛 carry it with you. You go back and get it if needed, same with the welder.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts